cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC channels distorted

harjman
On our wavelength

Hi

BBC1 and BBC2 channels are distorted and pixelated. Started yesterday 26/06/2021 and still happening now. All other channels are fine. Done all that I could find on the forum ie checking cables, rebooting etc but to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Harj

25 REPLIES 25

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error, I'm not going to say that a utilisation can't cause this (there's a first time for everything and I've not got sight of VM's diagnostics) but I remain unconvinced, given that your broadband/connectivity side appears - from what you've said - to be spot on.

Out of interest, what's your contractual situation - are you in a minimum term? It's only fair to drop in here, that utilisation faults have a nasty habit of slipping their estimated fix dates, if this is indeed the cause of your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your posts @harjman,

I'd be happy to go through the process of booking an engineer out to your property to have this issue fixed out.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@harjman

You should have received a PM from the staff team in order to arrange a tech visit to investigate this further. Please respond to that and do the necessaries. I'd hope that "hands and eyes" physically on your box & and installation will identify the source of this fault and get it rectified.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

harjman
On our wavelength

Hi japitts

Thanks very much for all your help with my situation.

Its greatly appreciated.

VM coming round on 02/07.

Hopefully it will be sorted then

harjman
On our wavelength

Hi All

Just an update in case someone has the same issue and wondering how to cure it.

Basically you need VM technician come down and sort it out.

He basically said it could have been anything so the first thing he did was to check the isolator, the little box that connects the wire coming from the outside to the wire inside. Apparently it was very old so he swapped that for a new one. The inside wire goes into a splitter where with one wire turns into two, one going to the tv and one to the wifi router. He changed these two wires as he said they looked like something not supplied by virgin, which I can concur.

When that was done, hey presto BBC channels returned.

So it could have been the isolator or damaged wires.

Thanks all for your help especially japitts.

A big thank you to the VM technician who was extremely efficient and was in and out in less than 20 minutes .... brilliant.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @harjman

Great to hear this is all sorted and your channels are back to normal.

Have a great rest of the day.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs