Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Amazon prime and Netflix not workingg

I have 3 v6 boxes and can't view Amazon prime or Netflix on one box .I get a message this title is not watchable at the moment try again later.ive had a new V6 box a WiFi booster and still I have to reebot the box to try and watch Amazon prime or Netflix .The other 2 boxes are fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Amazon prime and Netflix not workingg

Hey steve190457,

How is the V6 that is not working connected to the internet?
Also do your other services like OnDemand and Catch Up work on that box?

Thanks,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The V6 box is connected by WiFi ,that's why virgin sent me a booster ,but it hasn't cured the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Okay, so the booster I am assuming is cloned to the router? I have found that if it is cloned and the original router is within WiFi range it can confuse the V6 to which one it needs to be connected to.

Is there any way that you can connect the V6 to the Booster via Ethernet Cable so it is direct?

Also do you know how to check that the V6 is connected and it's software is up to date?

Thanks,
Steve
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is connected to the booster by Ethernet cable ,it's a brand new box that virgin sent last week because the problems been ongoing for weeks .They sent a new bow and a WiFi booster.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

If you could private message me your account number and site/area reference number I can look into this for you! Be sure not to send them openly on the forum!

Thanks,
Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@steve190457 wrote:

It is connected to the booster by Ethernet cable ,it's a brand new box that virgin sent last week because the problems been ongoing for weeks .They sent a new bow and a WiFi booster.

So how close is the V6 to the booster (in other words how long is the Ethernet cable)?

If the V6 and booster are about the same distance from the hub then the booster won't do anything.

The booster need to be placed at some mid point between the hub and the V6.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

When referring to the booster do you mean a VM supplied power line booster kit or your own WiFi extender? If its one of our power line kits then your V6 should no longer be connected to WiFi and you should select Ethernet to connect it (it should automatically connect via this method when setup correctly)

Hope this helps
Jake
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and I'll let you know how!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A VM power line booster ,V6 box automatically connected by Ethernet. I don't know how to pm you .

0 Kudos