Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime - cannot view in 5.1

Logged in via the app in Virgin to view my amazon prime programmes - mostly all are 5.1. My picture and sound are not in sync and there is no function on amazon audio settings to change from viewing in normal english. There appears to be no other setting on my TV (which is HD) but mines (TV or otherwise) are not compatible.

Most upsetting. I watch my amazon programmes on ipad and phone and there is no problem.  Any suggestions or advice please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime - cannot view in 5.1

Better off buying yourself an Amazon Fire Stick 4K. Better picture and able to tailor yourself the audio that you want. Last weel they were only 25 quid.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you provide a couple of titles to check? The ones I know are 5.1 are playing in 5.1 here.

Not sure how you are getting 5.1 playback on your iPad or phone ??

@DonDons1 wrote:

Logged in via the app in Virgin to view my amazon prime programmes - mostly all are 5.1. My picture and sound are not in sync and there is no function on amazon audio settings to change from viewing in normal english. There appears to be no other setting on my TV (which is HD) but mines (TV or otherwise) are not compatible.

Most upsetting. I watch my amazon programmes on ipad and phone and there is no problem.  Any suggestions or advice please.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding, i was playing Jack Ryan and Night Manager all 5.1. But it wont allow me to change to a normal audio setting ie. not play in 5.1.

You can change the setting on netflix but not amazon there is no option to take off playing in 5.1.

Most of the programmes and film play in 5.1 from my TV.     

Thanks

D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On all Amazon apps (not just the V6) you select the film you want and before you press PLAY to start it you pick subtitles and audio versions.

Netflix apps you can change while watching, but NOT Amazon apps.

I don't see an option in any Amazon app to switch off 5.1 audio and select 2.0.

Not sure why you would have you devices set to 5.1 if you only want 2.0 ??

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The V6's default audio setting is Dolby Digital for 5.1, only applicable of course if you have a suitable sound system. If your device such as a TV has only two speakers it will convert to stereo. Should you want the V6 to do the conversion to stereo then just enable Dolby Digital to PCM.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection