cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime black screen of death

Aaroncreamer
Joining in

Hope you can help. 

Loading the Prime app and I just get a black screen with a white line at the top. 

Have tried rebooting the box and nothing changes. 

Anyone else having the same problem?

59 REPLIES 59

mitch661
Tuning in

Hi, have tried all fixes possible and still can't get the amazon app to load, just a black screen with white line at top. 

Is this a v6 box problem or signal eh postcode. 

Thanks

Cbris

Dazza82
Joining in

Each time I try to start up the Amazon prime app it keeps going to a black screen with a single thin line across the top and nothing happens

Aszrayel
On our wavelength

My observations so far. The Amazon App works once early evening (we checked the running time on a show and left). Went back 40 minutes later, the app stopped working.

00:25 Tried the app again, not working. So I watched a show via the amazon app on my TV. Tried the virgin app again, it worked so watched the second episode of the show.

This is the same series events I have had since Monday.

Morning Lelliec1980, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

We were aware of an issue with this but it should now be resolved.

Please let us know if you're still having issues with it.

Alex_Rm

Hi Followthebear,

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the app issues, there was a fault with it which has now been resolved. If you're still experiencing issues, please let me know and I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I tried the Prime App this afternoon and it is still not working.

My apologies for this app issue. All should now be resolved, is this the case?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Amazon prime is now working but my telephone line along with my neighbours now isn't working, I reported this to Virgin this morning. 

Started working again for me on Sunday after I rebooted the TV box.

So the app is back, but I wouldn't say it's working. Doesn't play anything, just black screen.