cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 geolock error

Foxzac466
Tuning in

Hi all,

The all4 app works fine on mobile data but not on my virgin internet (either on my hard wired tv or via WiFi on my phone). I get an error message saying “this content is not available in your location”

I don’t have a vpn installed and ISP checking websites put me at home so I’m not quite sure what the issue here is. 

Is there a setting on my router that I might have ticked? 

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Foxzac466, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

That is an odd one - especially given the information you've provided. Is this the same after you've deleted the app and re-installed? What happens if you start watching the app on data and then switch the wifi on whilst the video is already on? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

The second I turn to WiFi on any device it goes to geolock. I’ve tried this on a couple of all4 accounts on different devices (laptops, tv, phones) both tethered to mobile internet and on virgin (both hard wired and WiFi) 

The only common factor is the virgin internet 

g0akc
Problem sorter

There’s several reports of this from others including in the networking forum.  Also from people on a different ISP.

suggest contacting All 4 to report it to them

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

see this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/All4-app-geoblocked/td-p/5043162

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!