cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 4 catchup not available

PaulH2011
Superfast

Happened before when there was fire damage somewhere but it's happening again.  Only one or two days available instead of seven.

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree, and can replicate this. I've mentioned it to VM staff via VIP channels, hopefully they'll pick this up.

On a V6 you can use the C4-branded app as a workaround, or also record any programmes you know you'll want to watch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Barney011
Joining in

I dont get it at all since I’ve had it

Noticed this last week when season pass recording messed up as it had MAFS double episode on the Monday labelled as Ep1 and Ep2 but then on Tuesday they showed what was technically Ep3 but was labelled as Ep2 again so in recording hiccups said it was a repeat so didn't record.
Call on the On demand service and that didn't have anything since Sunday and this was Wednesday

Seven days available again yesterday, but only five today!  Only one or two programmes on each day.

Recommendation to use the app noted, tried that and it wanted me to log in, which probably means I'll have to register first, but called away.  Went back an hour later and it goes straight in!

Engineer came yesterday to look at a problem with ITVX, neither of us knew what he would be able to do about it and the answer was 'nothing'.  We discussed All4 Catchup and he said they are probably trying to push people to use the app ... which includes ads you can't fast-forward through.  There are so many ways of getting programs that without doing a detailed study I can't remember which have ads and which don't, and of those with ads which allow you to fast-forward and which don't.  ITVX is even worse.

Amish tenet:  "'Progress' does not necessarily mean 'better'".

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PaulH2011 wrote:

We discussed All4 Catchup and he said they are probably trying to push people to use the app ... which includes ads you can't fast-forward through.

The broadcasters absolutely want you to watch their adverts, yes. VM's in-house VoD system allows you to FF through ads, but you only need look at ITV;s approach to see what the broadcasters think of this.

Recording programmes is the best way to deal with this. Not reliant on VoD & fast-forward to your hearts content - your V6 box allows recording of any programme.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As I've said before we do record by default.

I can see the day when broadcasters include a signal to stop you FFing through the ads on Virgin etc. boxes, like for traffic programs on car radios.