Menu
dark-knight
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Adding an extra V6

I currently have two V6 boxes installed at my property and would like a third installed into the new part of the house.

Does anyone know how much it would be for the installation/activation and for the extra monthly subscription.  My contract with Virgin runs out in April this year so will I be better off waiting then to re-negotiate a better deal/package ?.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding an extra V6

Extra box rent is £10 a month. Not sure what the activation is, but you would be looking around the £100 mark. The problem is the additional coax cable run you need. Virgin have suspended all but essential cabling work during lockdown, so you will be waiting a while.

You should also consider that new packages are likely to be on the Horizon (V360) rather than the TiVO platform. This can support either a master box with a single 1TB hard drive & 2 mini streaming boxes, or 2 hard drive boxes only to retain 2TB storage but you lose the third box..

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd only add to @nodrogd answer, that existing customers renegotiating, should be ok to keep the TiVo/V6 platform for now.

In time that may well change, but we're not there just yet...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
dark-knight
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When will new installation take place will it be from April 12th ?.

0 Kudos
dark-knight
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Extra V6 box

Hi guys wondering when Virgin media will be in a position to install a new V6 box in another part of my house. Currently have two but would like a third. Have been holding out for obviously quite a few months with regards to the Covid issue(s).

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The short answer is, as and when VM decide that their staff can safely work in customer homes for non-fault (and therefore non-urgent) works.

Any answer other than that would be speculative.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extra V6 box

Hi dark-knight, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are wanting to upgrade your services. 

There is no update on when we will be doing non fault work as of yet however as soon as we do update things, we'll update our page here: Virgin Media’s Update on Covid-19

Hope that helps. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos