Menu
dark-knight
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Adding an extra V6

I currently have two V6 boxes installed at my property and would like a third installed into the new part of the house.

Does anyone know how much it would be for the installation/activation and for the extra monthly subscription.  My contract with Virgin runs out in April this year so will I be better off waiting then to re-negotiate a better deal/package ?.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding an extra V6

Extra box rent is £10 a month. Not sure what the activation is, but you would be looking around the £100 mark. The problem is the additional coax cable run you need. Virgin have suspended all but essential cabling work during lockdown, so you will be waiting a while.

You should also consider that new packages are likely to be on the Horizon (V360) rather than the TiVO platform. This can support either a master box with a single 1TB hard drive & 2 mini streaming boxes, or 2 hard drive boxes only to retain 2TB storage but you lose the third box..

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'd only add to @nodrogd answer, that existing customers renegotiating, should be ok to keep the TiVo/V6 platform for now.

In time that may well change, but we're not there just yet...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dark-knight
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When will new installation take place will it be from April 12th ?.

0 Kudos