cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter doesn't fit into existing cable for V6

Zu
On our wavelength

Our Tivo expired a few days ago.  We have just received a new V6 Box.  There is a problem in fitting the cable coming out of the wall to it.

The adapter we have received is a screw fit.  The cable coming out of the wall is push fit.

The cable coming out of the wall doesn't fit directly into the V6,  it's the same size.

My dad contacted support and they said that "We don't supply such a cable, but you can get one from a shop".

There is no other coax or any other cable that looks like the adapter we have received.

Does anyone know of a connector and/or show us a link to one on either Amazon or Ebay,

Thank you..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The screw-fit end should attach to the end of your incoming co-ax cable, and the "TV aerial" end connects to the back of your V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well done getting a V6 upgrade via faults.

I'm fairly sure you're talking about the short flylead, but can you post up a picture of the connector that doesn't fit?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Zu
On our wavelength

Thanks for responding.

The cable is coming out of the wall box.  It does not fit directly into the V6. And yes the short cable is the fly cable.  Screw fit in one side and like an TV aerial on the other.

The picture I've took is not really very good but at least it'll show you what it is.  This is the cable coming out of the box on the wall.

cable.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The screw-fit end should attach to the end of your incoming co-ax cable, and the "TV aerial" end connects to the back of your V6.

Zu
On our wavelength

Thank you for that,  seeing the screw fit on the small lead I expected the other lead to have a screw fit as well in the inside.  So with a twist and a push it easily fitted in.

But now I'm getting a CS 1012 error about not able to get account.  Had it for today, really getting a little peeved now  lol, try again tomorrow.

Thanks again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

CSxxxx error codes aren't TiVo-software but TV360-platform errors. TV360 is the same physical box as a V6, but completely different software. This therefore leads to one of two possible causes of this error...

1: You have intentionally converted from TiVo/V6 software to 360-software (bit hard to do unintentionally) and there's a problem with your account that's causing this.

2: You expected your replacement box to be TiVo-software-powered V6 but have been supplied with 360's

The box generating a 360-error would suggest your a/c is still expecting TiVo/V6, which lends weight to theory 2. There's a picture of the V6 here , and the 360 below.. The remote & the SW are the differences. Also a V6 has the TiVo-logo in the top-right next to the video preview, a 360 won't.

japitts_0-1650561848942.png

Edited to add: When you said your TiVo "expired" in your original post, I presumed that was slang for "went faulty" and has been replaced. I'm now wondering if you've had a sales pitch on 360 and were somehow told your TiVo was out-of-date.

Zu
On our wavelength

The box was faulty it had a hard life, we've had it since 2016.

Looking at your pics and the link, we have a V6.

But, after a phone call we now have it all sorted, Thank you.

It needed to be activated.  Nothing in the instructions about that though.

Just one more thing.  I've just gone to the guide to make a series link for the Moto GP highlights, which is usually on Monday night sometime and all I'm getting in the guide for next Monday is "To Be Announced",  Because it's a new box, does it take a bit of time to download the guide ?

Thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not near my V6 to check for definite but TV Control has a full EPG for all the BT Sport channels all weekend.

You can check your current guide by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and make sure of a recent success in the past 6 hours on the left.

Otherwise you could find last week's episode in the backwards guide and set a (multi-channel if necessary) SL from that as a stop-gap.

Zu
On our wavelength

Oh,

This is the Moto GP highlights that are on ITV 4.  After a while the guide is finally filling up.

Thanks for replying though.

There is one more thing though and that the sound is rather quiet compared to the old Tivo.  I've read in other threads on here that people are having the same issue.  So,  I'll just turn the volume up.

roy247
Community elder

Hi Zu,

Try changing  the V6 settings by pressing HOME on the rermote, then the following :-

Help & Settings > Settings> Audio> Dolby Digital> Dolby Digital to PCM, or try the other options depending on what audio equipment you have.

PCM is always louder but does not carry dolby 5.1.