cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A01 / V312 Netflix error update

Glenn9968
Joining in

Does anyone know if VM has done anything about the V312 Netflix error code problem yet? I have this problem now, have called VM tech 2 times today but have been fobbed off twice now… should I just cancel my Netflix account? Or is this actually what VM wants?…. i.e make me transfer Netflix account to their management?

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At what point in using Netflix do you have this error?

Can you use OnDemand services on your TiVo ok? That's a good test of the box's internet connection, which is also what Netflix uses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If I try to open Netflix from Apps&Games (Home) it always says ‘application loading’ - error V312 - step back, but from the same location I can open prime, iPlayer, YouTube etc no problem. If I try to open a downloaded Netflix film from My Shows it gives the same message. If I go to the tv channel list and try to open Netflix (channel 204) - press red button it says App temporarily unavailable, error A01, step back. I can open Netflix on my pc or phone which use the same VM internet

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Glenn9968 wrote:

I can open Netflix on my pc or phone which use the same VM internet

A TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection which is separate from your home broadband.

From what you've described, the issue sounds specific to the NF app so a reboot is the obvious first thing to try, via Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

That said, you've mentioned Prime which isn't available on the TiVo box, only on V6 or 360. Are you sure you have a TiVo? Check here for pictures of the different boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

My system looks as the picture of the V6 unit - rectangle box & curvy remote. I have unplugged and restarted many times but same situation 

Hi Glenn9968,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues using Netflix via the V6. I've been able to locate your account using your forum information and have been through diagnostics. 

This is a known issue with the Netflix app on our set top box’s.

We are unfortunately unable to resolve the issue at this time though a fault will be logged against your account to log the issue. This is a known issue which will be resolved in a future firmware update for our STBs.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex, after 3days of calls to the tech team (mon,teu,wed) and a talk with the mobile engineer I called the customer services team on Thursday, they said they would do something with the right person, sure enuf by Thursday evening error code A01 had gone, I could open Netflix by TV-channel list-204 (but error v312 was still there on my shows (downloads) & fav apps. I was feeling happier… but tried to open Netflix on TV-channel list-204 today and error A01 has returned… what is going on???

Hello Glenn9968

Sorry this fault has reoccurred 

How are things looking now?

I have just checked the account and can see the Fault Ticket raised for this the other day is stil being worked on 

Gareth_L

1. Hi Gareth, both error codes are still there and the associated faults remain. Just had a 114 minutes phone call again with customer services… I have had to accept an early renewal / change of 18 month vm contract so that I can get a new tv box that will fix the problem… unfortunately in order to keep the same monthly cost rate I have had to cancel all my children’s channels… seems VERY unfair that I have had to accept a reduction in services in order to resolve a problem created by VM!!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Glenn9968 wrote:
  1. Hi Gareth, both error codes are still there and the associated faults remain. Just had a 114 minutes phone call again with customer services… I have had to accept an early renewal / change of 18 month vm contract so that I can get a new tv box that will fix the problem

That sounds suspiciously like you have been migrated from V6 > 360, which is a pretty major change - I'm not sure it's guaranteed to resolve this issue. It might, but I would be surprised if it's guaranteed to.

If this is what you've been offered, then be aware the 360 platform is substantially different to the TiVo-platform you're used to. There are pros & cons of both.