Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

7400 Error and Tech support

Upgraded my service this week and one of the v6 boxes is giving me the 7400 error.

i know what the error means, but for 3 days now i’ve been trying to get thru to customer services with no luck... called 7 times and have spent almost 5 hrs on hold.. calls don’t get answered, online chat doesn’t get answered past the automated replies.. even Twitter isn’t getting me anywhere..

Does anyone from Virgin actually read these posts? If so can you get in touch before I go postal having to listen to the same hold music for another 5 hrs..

*seriously not happy*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7400 Error and Tech support

Same experience! For the amount of money we pay Virgin, we spend agonising days trying to get our faulty service sorted. I got through by phoning at 5AM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well.. after another 2 days / 6 calls / 5 hrs in hold, I finally got thru to customer services, who couldn’t fix the problem but would have IT call me back within the hour..

24hrs later and no one has called me back.. and now I can’t get thru to customer services again..

C’mon Virgin.. sort your Sh*t out...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@LargestOfAls wrote:

Well.. after another 2 days / 6 calls / 5 hrs in hold, I finally got thru to customer services, who couldn’t fix the problem but would have IT call me back within the hour..

24hrs later and no one has called me back.. and now I can’t get thru to customer services again..

C’mon Virgin.. sort your Sh*t out...

Given the number of comments on these boards recently about long wait times for CS, I'm not entirely sure I'd be willing to accept vague assurances such as this if I was reporting a fault.

I'm not criticising the OP at all, but I'm strongly inclined to think I would insist on either having replacement equipment arranged, fault resolved or an engineer appointment. And if the latter was just so the engineer stood in my lounge calling someone else in VM to instigate a fix, then so be it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LargestOfAls,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your V6.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you,  I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I didn’t get an invite.. but I did just manage to get thru to someone who was very helpful and quickly fixed the issue.

Having a bit of a chat while I was waiting for my box to reboot, it seems like some of the offers they’ve put in recently have had much higher sign ups they expected and customer services just can’t cope with the amount of calls. 

They just need to hire more staff, but then that hits profits.

You can’t blame the poor people answering the phones, no matter how frustrated you get, they can’t do anything about it. 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LargestOfAls,

Thank you for your update, I am glad to hear you have now got this resolved.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos