Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4k content dropping out

when watching live tv on the BT sport Ultimate Live channel the picture occasionally drops out producing a black screen for a couple of milliseconds seemingly struggling to keep a 4K video connection stable. How can i fix this issue? I have tried multiple HDMI cables as well as resetting my V6 box all to no avail. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4k content dropping out

Hi Cdreaves58, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you're having this issue with your TV screen when trying to watch sports in 4K. Can I ask if your TV can handle 4K quality please? 

Also, does this happen on any other channels, live or on demand?

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes the TV will handle 4K, I have changed the display input setting inside the v6 box which from 1080p and 2160p to just 2160p which seems to have resolved the problem for now. 

In addition, there also seems to be a problem with the normal non-4K channels where the image is breaking up where the image is distorted and random colours are showing, the problem primarily seems to happen on HD channels, so if you have any information on this please advise. 

thank you. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and/or slot on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yes we have tried multiple different hdmi cables as well as each different hdmi slot on the tv.
0 Kudos