Menu
Inaspin
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: voice guide?

hi ruggyman43

at a time where increasingly every day items are becoming more accessible it would be nice to see virgin looking at this aspect.

Increasingly TV's guides are spoken and even the ones on Freeview. This really is a huge help to people with visual impairment.

https://www.rnib.org.uk/information-everyday-living-home-and-leisure-television-radio-and-film/telev...

0 Kudos
ruggyman43
Tuning in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@inaspin  I agree, I have a micro-wave with voice assistance, my Amazon fire-stick has some degree of voice support, my Iphone has voiceover even my watch talks! (Much to my better halfs annoyance lol!) I make every effort to make the best use out of all of these, My tv is of a older vintage so has no voice support as some of the LG and Samsung models do. It seems reasonable to me that a company the size of VM could at least invest some time and effort exploring the possibilities with organisations such as the RNIB. As is obvious I'm no techie but here's hoping someone somewhere within the VM development team pick this up and run with it.  

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello ruggyman43

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re currently working on some additional accessibility features to improve the user experience which will be introduced throughout this year.

Rob

0 Kudos
ruggyman43
Tuning in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @robert_P  Whilst delighted that VM are looking to improve some accessibility issues, some clarity in the direction of travel these "improvements"  will take would be useful. hopefully this will include some liaison with organisations such as the R.N.I.B. as I'm certain vM would find this beneficial. Again, Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing what VM have in store!  

0 Kudos