cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new install and no picture only menu

Andyb10
Joining in

all working except box in bedroom that takes forever to turn on and then only shows menu

6 REPLIES 6

Andyb10
Joining in

Equipment installed yesterday. Box in bedroom takes forever to turn on and then I can only get a menu and no picture.  Please help

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Andyb10 

You've posted in the V6 forum, but new installs are only for the 360 box or the TV Stream box.

Is the new box a replacement for a damaged V6 box, or is it a completely new VM installation with one of the above boxes?

Please can you provide a photo of the screen you can see and any error messages.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI again @Andyb10 

I've moved your other post from the V6 forum and merged it with your thread in the 360 forum.

Do you have a VM coaxial cable in the bedroom? You need the coaxial cable to receive live TV.

Please can you post a picture of what's showing ons creen, or any error messaage code and errors so we can help further.

I'm assuming you have two VM TV boxes. If so, does the bedroom one work if you switch locations?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yeah I have the cable. See pic attached 

no error messages 

roy247
Community elder

Try uploading the picture again.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Andyb10 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your TV box.

Can you check to see if the coax cable is fitted securely? Are you able to access the TV after a full power cycle of the box?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs