cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 360 box

burton123
Tuning in

My updated virgin box now won't connect to my projector how can I solve this?

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @burton123 

Previous forum posts suggest the projector needs to be 4K capable and able to support HDCP 2.2 and needs to be connected via HDMI.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have been using a HMDI cable for the projector to virgin box, all has been working fine until I done the upgrade now we get picture but no sound

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @burton123 

Using your 360 remote go to Settings > Audio & Video >Pair remote with devices > Change TV setup/Change audio set up and see if you need to select either or both set ups to pair with your  projector. Also if using also using a soundbar make sure it's connected to your projector? 

You might also need to update the  Volume Keys Control  from under Audio & Video

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi burton123,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that since you have upgraded to our new 360 service that your projector no longer works. 

As our valued member @newapollo has given some excellent advice already, can we ask if you have followed this, and does your projector now work again?

Please let us know, so we can assist you further if needed.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Sorry still not working

As you haven't said can you say if the projector or some a/v equipment is providing the sound and how, the more information the better then no wrong assumptions should be made.

From the updated box to projector I use a hmdi cable the projector has its own speaker but when I do use the sound bar I use an optical cable.

hope this will help as I need to try and resolve this issue for the weekend.

Many thanks

Hi burton123,

So as I understand things you had a V6 box that you have now upgraded to a 360 and the V6 and projector had sound. Since the upgrade to 360 you now have no sound, have you checked if the 360 and HDMI cable with a TV to make sure that combination still works.

What is the projector make and model, does it support 4K and HDCP 2.2 as pointed out by newapollo, and is it a high speed HDMI cable.

As you are getting no sound it might be difficult to do the pairing as the test involves changing the volume but does the 360 recognise the projector make and model number and can you do any of the settings again as suggested by newapollo.

Does the projector have more than one HDMI connector that you can try.

Can you change the video out settings on the 360 to see if that makes any difference, bit of a long shot but maybe worth a try.

Thank you everyone all working