cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX ONE HDMI Connectivity

gcarter
Superfast

Just tried to plug in my Virgin 360 box into the HDMI input port on the back of the XBOX ONE
Then the XBOX ONE has the output HDMI going to the TV.

Problem is, I can't seem to get the virgin tv box to output to the tv, whilst its plugged into the xbox input port.

Any assistance and or tips are appreciated 😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Likely its an HDCP handshake issue. The V360 is detecting its not being plugged into a TV. VM boxes have always been fussy with what they are connected too.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Likely its an HDCP handshake issue. The V360 is detecting its not being plugged into a TV. VM boxes have always been fussy with what they are connected too.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hmm fair enough.  I have another HDMI port on the tv to plug in the devices separately, but it would have been neater if it could have been coupled to the XBOX

On a sidenote, anyone had any problems using the virgin media tv box via a HDMI splitter?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HDMI splitters have to be HDCP 2.2 compliant. HDCP 2.2 compliance may be the root of the initial problem with your Xbox.