cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is The Blacklist now only on to view on Prime Video?

DiscoDebs
Joining in

I have been watching The Blacklist an episode every other couple of days and tonight i go to watch it and it takes me to Prime video, how come i now have to pay for something that i had for free before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DiscoDebs 

On my 360 when clicking on search shows, and also in Boxsets, series 1-5 (111 episodes) are available on Amazon prime.

Series 6-7 (41 episodes) are available to watch on Sky Max and Sky On Demand HD (412 episodes)

Which TV package to you have? This will determine which  episodes you can watch without paying extra.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The most likely explanation for this is that the programme/series was a box-set, and these do come & go from time-to-time - new series are added, old ones expire.

I use a V6 so am unsure exactly what onscreen prompts a 360 gives you, but there should be a notification with all OnDemand content before you watch it, that it's "available until xyz" or similiar.

The turn of the month/year will almost certainly have been "changeover time" where some boxsets are concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DiscoDebs 

On my 360 when clicking on search shows, and also in Boxsets, series 1-5 (111 episodes) are available on Amazon prime.

Series 6-7 (41 episodes) are available to watch on Sky Max and Sky On Demand HD (412 episodes)

Which TV package to you have? This will determine which  episodes you can watch without paying extra.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DiscoDebs, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry for any confusion around our box sets.  Has the reply from newapollo cleared things up for you?

Regards

Lee_R

It has, it didnt have a date on it of when to watch by so i thought it was ok to carry on, but when i clicked on the next episode Prime Video opened, i immediately closed it as i thought id clicked on something wrongly, but if these box sets come + go ill have to keep an eye out for it again, thanks for your help

Hi DiscoDebs, 

We're glad to hear things were cleared up by newappollo. 

If you have an Amazon Prime account then you can continue to watch the episodes on there. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs