cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching on slave unit - recording stutters!

bartram108
Tuning in

Now that I understand the difference between (what I'm calling) the master & slave units, I have a problem when watching a recording on the slave unit - the pictures stutters and is unwatchable. This only appears to be an issue if I'm trying to watch a playback of a live recording; e.g. sport, although it has also happened when SWIMBO tried to watch Strictly on one occasion.

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the quality of the internet connection on the ‘slave’ unit. You can do this in the Diagnostics section of its settings.

This is likely caused by a poor quality WiFi signal. As always, Ethernet connection is better if practical.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just checked wi-fi status and it's GOOD - although I'm guessing I need to check it when I have the problem. Ethernet connection isn't practical as the boxes are in separate rooms!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bartram108 wrote:

Now that I understand the difference between (what I'm calling) the master & slave units, I have a problem when watching a recording on the slave unit - the pictures stutters and is unwatchable. This only appears to be an issue if I'm trying to watch a playback of a live recording; e.g. sport, although it has also happened when SWIMBO tried to watch Strictly on one occasion.

Does the recording play back OK on the master box?

If not try pausing a program on the master box for a few minutes and then play it back. This is the same as recording and if it also stutters it would suggest a hard drive problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello bartram108,

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your additional box and the broken playback
I can look into this for you as we will need to arrange for this box to be swapped.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L