newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Want 360 Upgrade version - not new boxes

Hi RoyalStandard,

I suggest you speak to retentions, negotiate an upgrade to the Ultimate Oomph package, on the condition that you can keep your existing V6 boxes and for them to process a TV 360  software upgrade on the V6's

At present the software upgrade to the 360 platform is still invite only so hasn't yet become widely available, probably because they are still ironing out problems.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As the software update is invite only, then the Retentions team don't have it as an option to use as part of a bundle upgrade.

Any change to 360 as part of an Ultimate Oomph upgrade is via a hardware swap currently.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

As a side note even if you do manage to get an upgrade to your v6 boxes it is worth to mention then the upgrade will wipe all the data from your boxes, recordings, settings and series links.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RoyalStandard
Up to speed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't get through by phone, so Chatted instead
Eventually, got through to "a dedicated team", who upped me to Ultimate Oomph and I managed to get them to  defer the 360 stuff
I will contact them when the 360 download becomes available

My other Oomph bits have happened - M500, Mobile SIM, More Channels, and I've checked my account, its still showing two v6 boxes

So, any ideas when 360 download will be made available for V6 people ?

0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

its also worth noting the new 360 boxes although look the same are made by humax instead of Arris.

Mine came as a do it yourself kit. Was very easy, i think IMO you're better off swapping it over.
Might be me but picture looks a little sharper on the new boxes. 

kenny009uk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Where did you get onto chat to them? Do you have URL please?

0 Kudos
RoyalStandard
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I went to the Shop's Ultimate Oomph page: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/ultimate-oomph-bundle 

(Just tried it) - there's a "Chat with one of our experts" tile in the center of the screen, and also a Yellow "Live Chat" poking in from the Right-hand side
Can't remember which one I selected, but I got through to a Bot and then I selected something like Upgrade, Broadband and after I got too technical, I got passed through to the "dedicated team" 

flightmaster1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Simple answer is , Don't bother !! 

I did and regret it 100% now i can't record my programmes on my v6 box only and can't record "only new series " as well

0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For now yes recording options are limited but this is a new platform, emphasis sadly is more on streaming these days.
Seeing as Virgin is owned by Liberty Global it was a matter of time before we adopted Horizon 4. Liberty's other brands UPC, and Virgin Ireland (formerly UPC) all use the same box, same system. TiVo was introduced when we were NTL:Telewest (under the Virgin Moniker). Who knows if the deal to use the Virgin brand ever expired I guess we would be called UPC.

The system is new but eventually we will all be on it. give it some time, let it bed in. if after a year or so it's the same then I would agree with you.

What you have to remember also, some TiVo features are actually Patented by TiVo Inc themselves (such as the thumbs up/down for example). Might be that the Series link+ has to go through some legal loopholes not just here but in any country Liberty has a foothold in.

So far the boxes have been good. Just need the expanded apps which I am sure will come eventually, I will wait patiently because good things come to those who wait. 😊 

0 Kudos