cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Remote notification for Soundbar/TV (Software Bug)

LewisEdgar
On our wavelength
I recently connected a Sony Soundbar to my LG TV and keep getting these notifications in the top right corner of my screen from my 360 box:

‘You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control this Virgin TV box, and change the volume and power off your LG TV.’ or ’You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control this Virgin TV box, and change the volume and power off your Sony TV.’

The notifications appear every few minutes and are extremely annoying!

I can change the volume control on my remote to control the LG TV, which in turn controls the soundbar as it's connected via HDMI ARC or I can directly control the Sony soundbar. Depending on which device I set for volume control, a notification saying I can control the other one keeps appearing. For example, if I set volume control to LG TV I get notifications that I can control the Sony.

There is no way to disconnect from either device in settings to prevent getting the notifications. I have tried multiple reboots and no joy!

There are other threads with similar issues, yet this software big has still not been fixed:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Soundbar-notifications-issue/m-p/4765137#M16027 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/TV-360-found-new-device-to-pair-with-your-remote-...

It's very disappointing I'm not able to use my soundbar with Virgin for this reason - if it's not fixed quickly I'll be moving to Sky!!

246773689_1572577476422155_4184242602670717748_n.jpg

41 REPLIES 41

joreol
Tuning in

Have you found a solution for this? mine just started doing the same thing 

SmartSelect_20211102-203508_Photos.jpg

 i have tried pressing pretty much all the buttons on the remote and changing the pairing options in the settings. nothing worked. 

LewisEdgar
On our wavelength

Nope! I’ve had two technicians round and neither have been able to fix it. The second said there is nothing he can do…

Very poor from Virgin!

LewisEdgar
On our wavelength

What brand of TV and soundbar do you have?

Philips TV and JBL soundbar

This message shiws 3-4 times in 2 minutes.

It's ridiculously disruptive. 

Any of the mods that can help?

roy247
Community elder

Hi joreol,

If the problem has only just occurred it maybe related to being upgraded to 4.35,  have you tried a factory reset of the remote and maybe the 360 box then repairing the remote.

How to pair the TV 360 remote to the box

1. Point the TV 360 remote towards the box
  2. Press and hold the TV and 0 button for 10 seconds - this should force pairing

Did that not work?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

How to pair the TV 360 remote with your TV

If you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

1. Press Home
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Pair remote with devices
  4. Select Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Remember to then select one power and volume control in settings. 

LewisEdgar
On our wavelength

I’ve tried factory reset and repairing the remote (as did the two technicians). Unfortunately the issue still persisted.

Hi LewisEdgar, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the paring of the remote and the error message. Can you confirm if he engineers tried a different remote to rule out the remote issue? Can you confirm if the message is still showing on the TV? ^Chris