cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 Slow

Raident10
Dialled in

Good morning everyone,

I was wondering if others have had issues with Virgin TV 360, with regards to the UI being slow /laggy?

I got the boxes nearly 18 Months ago, but I’ve always thought they have been slow to be honest / not very responsive.

For example, if I change the channel on the remote, it takes at least 1-2 seconds ish for the channel to actually be changed on the box - once the channel has changed, the picture /sound then comes on straight away.

Its also laggy when navigating the UI, including going through the TV Guide. By that, I mean that whilst scrolling down, the channel that is selected can freeze for a second, and then jump to the next channel.

This is the case on both the Main Box and the Mini Box. I haven’t tried a factory reset on the main box yet, but I did on the mini box and the issue wasn’t resolved sadly.

Kind regards,

Joe

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Raident10 wrote:

I haven’t tried a factory reset on the main box yet, but I did on the mini box and the issue wasn’t resolved sadly.

Try it on both - for elimination purposes, if nothing else. No harm can be done if you choose the "Keep recordings" option.

Neither the V6 or 360 (different software but same hardware) are known for being slow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Japitts,

I will do this then and report back. 🙂

Raident10
Dialled in

As an update,

Sadly that did not fix the issue. I spike with live chat who did some tests from their end, and said they could send an engineer out.

My new hub4 came today, so I said I’ll see what happens after I’ve commented the hub4. My only worry is, I wouldn’t want to be wasting the engineers time if they came over, and advised that everything is working normally, etc. 😕

Kind regards,

Joe

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Raident10

Thanks for the reply!

Please let us know how you're getting on after connecting the Hub 4 to the TV360 boxes.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey Travis,

It seems to be a bit better now. 🙂

Take care,

Joe