cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 sucks

chrisqueensbury
On our wavelength

Having upgraded to virgin 360 in April I am finding it much worse than the V6 box. The things that really annoy me are:

Useless suggestions

With the V6 box it would record a large number of things for you as suggestions. The 360 Gives a couple of suggestions under "box sets and movies", usually which you would have to pay to watch.

No means of reviewing what's recorded 

with the V6 box you could always see exactly what was recorded, and of you decide you don't want a show after all easily unsubscribe. This is more difficult in the 360 box. If it appears under saved you can do it, but things seem to randomly appear and disappear from the saved.

No way to reliably subscribe to a show in an app 

Not all Netflix shows and iPlayer shows appear, you might know that a show or an episode is there but have to go into the app to see it.

Overall I find I am spending more time in apps. I think that as I no longer get recommendations for virgin shows (apart from a couple of paid options) I will unsubscribe once the lock-in period ends. Having to go into each app gives no advantage over a Chromecast with TV, firestick, Roku, or smart TV, and it's a lot to pay each month for a service that is much worse than the old one.

17 REPLIES 17

And your upgrade will lock you in for another 18 months 😢

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@snowman wrote:

Today,  I was told by two advisers that I could revert to V6, but was passed by each to another department only (after re-repeating my issues) that I cannot revert.

Conversions from TiVo/V6 to 360 have always been one-way trips with no option to revert.

And there's plenty of threads on here comparing the two (different) software platforms and the relatives pros & cons of both.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All well and good saying people should check on here, not everybody is aware or skilled enough to benefit from these forums. It is not an upgrade it is a dramatic downgrade. 

I'm so dissatisfied with verging when the email came round to me (and I phoned virgin to confirm) that I can cancel my contract without cancellation charges I have done so. 

Moving to BT fibre Internet, BT phone, bt TV next month  after 20 years. May as well move my family's mobiles too to gifgaff. Saving £52.30 per month with a freeview pvr! 

You would imagine that when you ask if it provides the same features.as V6 that VM wouldn't say yes if it doesn't.

Being misled isn't the person being misled's fault it's the people doing the misleading's.

Another bug bear of mine which will be obvious after Tuesday when all our BBC series links disappear and we need to reenter them all. I have not yet seen any method of getting just a list of series links. OK I can reset the ones in the epg but if they aren't on in the next two weeks I can't set them up nor will I be able to create a list of required stations and channels with programme name. Even more hassle. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have to agree with many of the comments here, and users shouldn’t feel they can’t post their opinion - that’s what forums like this are for, right?

Been using 360 for a year now and it’s got a long way to go. It’s not a patch on Sky Q in terms of looks and functionality, yet 360 has never been marketed as a premium product like Sky Q was. That being said, 360 definitely isn’t a premium product. 

I’ve been in a position to be able to directly compare 360 with Sky Q. 360’s UI is slow and clunky compared to Sky and I feel the hard buttons on the remote probably don’t help - it makes navigating 360 feel slower than it actually is. The OS itself is pretty nifty. Sky’s soft remote buttons just make gliding though Q’s UI effortless. 360’s UI lags in places, particularly when scrolling through movies and box sets.

For those who don’t like voice control, searching for a programme is a real hassle on 360. It would be easier if the keys on the remote acted like that of Q’s remote, rather than having to move to and select each character in the on-screen keyboard. And getting to the programme you want isn’t always as straight forward as just having to type a few characters - it can some times take a whole word, or several words, to find what you want. 360 seriously needs to rethink the search function. Voice search also has a long way to go before it becomes intelligent.

Overall, 360 is a stable system and the mini boxes link well and aren’t prone to the problems Q minis have, which are solely reliable on Wi-Fi. Coax is a blessing here!

Whoever developed 360 should have directly taken Sky Q and built something better. It didn’t! Saving money was clearly the main goal here. That being said, 360 could be great - but the development team need sacking and someone official from Virgin should be reading these threads and listening to the customer. In an ideal world, someone should be sat in a room using Q and 360 and making it much, much better!

Recording on Q is literally a one-button press. New-only records as default. It just works! To do that on 360 requires you to press record, enter advanced settings and select ‘record from this episode onwards’ - just one example where 360 has made a simple process complicated. 

Sky Q isn’t perfect either. Their forum is full of just as many moans, though about different things, but as Sky boast, everything really is in one place… integrated Netflix and Disney search, seamless app integration and almost every app you could wish for… with Paramount+ being added this year. Virgin really need to pull their finger out. 

All that said, I’m loyal to Virgin and just hope they do something this year to wow us! I haven’t written this to be negative against Virgin - just some constructive criticism that I hope someone will listen to!

That's an interesting comparison, STEP22. I wish there was more of this kind of positive insight on the forum rather than the negative moans and groans of how 'bad' the 360 is. For the amount of TV I watch and the way I use it, the 360 suits me fine even if it is a bit clunky here and there. That said, I prefer the 360 to the V6 and hope that we will see more of the functionality you mention as well as a few of the bells and whistles (patents permitting) from the V6, ported over to the 360.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sky Q had its biggest update ever last year - and the system is now 6 years old. Let’s hope Virgin now keep their eye on the ball and give us something ever better ☺️