cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 menu

Drdapa
Tuning in

Recently had Virgin 360 installed, technically seems fine but the user interface is terrible. I have family with the old TiVo version and the menu system is much better. I’ve come from Sky Q so potentially spoilt previously but just seems they’ve gone backwards with the interface, is anyone aware of how to change it?

example of issue to get to guide, click the guide button (simple) but to view the channel breakdown, I’ve got to press home and then search through a list of channels. I know it’s not a real issue but seems to many steps just to find a channel or group.

App version - 455-202112, Build - 4.36, hardware version - ARRIS-DCX960-MPA+

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The short version is no. All new TV installs are now onto TV360, with one exception only - and that's if you're not taking VM broadband and you'll get one of the older TiVo-boxes, not a V6.

Equally TiVo/V6-customers can voluntarily choose to migrate to 360, but it's a one-way trip - there are no reversions from 360 > TiVo/V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the response. Hopefully it’s on the dev roadmap!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Drdapa 

The buttons above and below the OK button scroll up and down individual channels and the channel up and down scroll the page.

Using voice control you can say "back to the top" or "top" and it goes to 100, or you can say "101", "501" , or "BBC1" "Channel 4" etc

When searching on the EPG press the Home button, then right and it takes you to the top of the guide with All Channels highlighted. If you then click on All Channels it brings up a category list Documentaries, Entertainment, International, Kids etc so you can go straight to that section.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Drdapa

Thank you to to the community for responding. As they have outlined it is not possible to change the interface on your TV Box. However as @newapollo mentioned the voice control function in the remote can be really helpful for navigating the box. 

Here is a link to a page with extra help and advice on the TV360 box. If there is anything else we can help with just let us know!

All the best. 

Molly