cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 box looses all saved recording when power cord is pulled

deantiller
Tuning in

This has now happened several times. The last time just now. Tried to play a on demand program, it would not play and came back with an error so I pulled power cord to reboot and waited for box to load after loading all saved programs were no longer available. As mentioned this has happened several times now each time by the power being lost, be it pulling power cord or power cut etc. I do not understand how the recordings can be lost. The programs must be being saved to a local hard drive. The V6 box was much better in comparison. I’m left with no other choice than to spend time searching for all the lost recordings and setting them up again now.  

25 REPLIES 25

roy247
Community elder

Sounds like you have a faulty box, try doing a factory reset if you had any recordings you could select the keep your recordings option, if it does it again after a factory reset you need to call Virgin unless someone from the Forum Team picks this up.

Hi. 

I’ve tried the factory reset and then recording some programs and pulled the power and all the programs were lost still so seems the box is faulty. 

can someone from Virgin Media reply and explain next steps to obtain replacement 360 box. 
Thanks

If you haven't already......Try a factory reset and selecting the delete recordings option which should format the hard drive.  If they disappear anyway I guess you have nothing to lose.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @deantiller thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been losing your recordings on your 360 service.  Have you followed the advice of roy247? If so, how have things gone?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi. Yes try all Factory reset option deleting recording to format drive. I then tested by recording a program and then pulling power and program is still lost after box loads up. So seems like a faulty box? What would be the next step?

Thanks

HI,

You need to call 150 from a Virgin phone (or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait around here a couple of days for one of the forum team to pickup.

First option may be the quickest.

Hi just to add every time I load iPlayer I have to sign into bbc account each time each time, so this box has the issue of all recordings being lost on each power loss and iPlayer login each time regardless of power loss or not. 
thanks 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there deantiller,

Welcome back to the community.

From glancing at the account I can see a provisioning issue with your TV box which can cause the likes of On Demand and Apps to have issues.

I'll drop you a PM so we can run through some details and get this resolved for you.

Cheers,

Kain

Hi Kain

i can’t see any messages to me. 
Thanks