cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 Upgrade

dan_byrne
Tuning in

All,

We were finally upgraded to the "Ultimate Volt bundle" three months and 3 failed install days later.
This bundle gives my household, two boxes in the house, with the main box downstairs, and the smaller one in the main bedroom.

The installer, was very helpful indeed, and did you proud.
But he ran into one problem, the main box would not upgrade to 360, so he swapped the box with another unit which did upgrade first time.

But, upstairs we have all channels requested, Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, the whole thing, but downstairs we cannot get Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, just a screen prompt showing;
"Setting up TV Channels" This has been ongoing since yesterday morning 10:00, how long does it take please to setup a channel ?

I tried, to call the 150 number, but it was very, very hard to make the staff member understand what the issue was, they poked around their system, sent a code etc... I gave them the benefit of the doubt so waited until this morning to give the "code" time to work.

But alas, both the Sky Sports & Sky Cinema screens on the main box, still show the same prompt.

Can anyone help ?

Best regards,
Daniel Byrne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dan_byrne wrote:

I tried, to call the 150 number, but it was very, very hard to make the staff member understand what the issue was, they poked around their system, sent a code etc... I gave them the benefit of the doubt so waited until this morning to give the "code" time to work.

It's a VM account problem, that the second box isn't flagged with the correct channel codes - which VM need to resolve.

This can either be done by calling in, or waiting on here for staff to respond. The latter will likely be less painful, but may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dan_byrne wrote:

It's a VM account problem, that the second box isn't flagged with the correct channel codes - which VM need to resolve.

This can either be done by calling in, or waiting on here for staff to respond. The latter will likely be less painful, but may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply..

I will hang fire on anymore phone calls, and will wait for support from here.
If there is any change, i will update here accordingly..

This topic can be closed now...
I called the 150 number (wife kept pestering me), and finally found someone whom I could fully understand, and actually talk too, and she knew her stuff, within five minutes all missing channels restored...

Seems the first person I spoke to on Saturday, did not understand my issue, or how to fix it, and going by my many recent phone calls about failed installs, this seems to be doing a lot of damage to Virgin's credibility.

Hi dan_byrne, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you were having issues with the channels being displayed on your box but really glad the teams have been able to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs