cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 upgrade to TV360 and poor customer services

RG2729
Joining in

I was supposed to have a seemless upgrade on Saturday from V6 to TV360. It has been far from that. I was not able to upgrade as directed so contacted customer services. They said they will do the upgrade from their end and promptly managed to stop all channels including BBC/ITV/Ch4/Ch5. 

They did not know happened so put my through to the technical support team on WhatsApp. 8 hours later I was told I needed a better package and did I want it for an additional charge. When I pointed out my package was working without any issue. I was then told was a local problem it would be resolved the next day.

The next day it was not. Despite going back on WhatsApp. No one replied all day!

Folliwng that  I went though an endless list of questions again to get through to an adviser. This was unsuccessful.

Yesterday I managed to speak to someone named Diana who said they will call me back at 1pm with a fix. They did not call.

Meanwhile I still could not get through on WhatsApp.

Today, 2 hours later having spoke with 6 different people/departments I was given a variety of differing excuses and still no resolution other that a promise it will be all up and running by 1130am tomorrow.

I explained that living with two young boys and no TV for 4 days now without any resolution is not satisfactory. I asked to make a complaint. After trying to persuade me not to complain they raised a complaint. As soon as i got of the phone there was an email to say the complaint had been resolved. It has not!

My questions are:

1. Why ae the upgrades from V6 to TV360 so difficult? my error code is 7400 bit having spoken now to 8 people and sent 4 WhatsApp messages no one at Virgin knows what to do.

2. Do customer services not keep a record of what is happening in order to save repetition?

3. Are customer services always this poor?

4. Who may I complian to so that this can be looked at properly.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Don't know if this is of any use, but have you tried following the steps on this link,

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/7400

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RG2729 

As per error code 7400 - it's an activation error code - it looks like the V6 box either hasn't completed the update to a 360, or the VM systems haven't been updated correctly to show the box is now operating on the Horizon (360 firmware)

There should have been a slip of paper explaining the upgrade process along with the new remote- here's a link in case it was missing.

TV360_A5_insert_instructions_leaflet_pre_packaging.pdf  - this includes the verification code (847446) which is sometimes needed as part of the set up.

This error often needs passing to level 2 support to update the systems and if that fails it usually results in a tech visit to swap the box out for a new one.

The upgreade process can somtimes be corrected by rebooting the box or removing it from the mains for 5 or 10 minutes.

Have you double checked all cables are connected tightly, especially the white coaxial and that they are finger tight?

The update also requires an internet connection so it would be ideal if you could connect the set top box to the router via ethernet cable and then follow the instructions.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you. We tried that but with no success. 

Hi Dave

Thank you for the helpful message. The box was installed by a technician on 15th April bit they could not upgrade until the remote controls were received. At that point everything worked okay. The main TV picture was still pixilated. 

While trying to upgrade we have rebooted the box, the broadband about 7 times now.

We have pointed out they need to send someone out but they seem reluctant to do so. By the time they realise this I expect we will wait another week until someone is free to attend.

Good Afternoon @RG2729, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the upgrading from V6 to 360 not going so smoothly

Can you please confirm if this fault is still on going, or if we've been able to book an engineer in for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Dear David

Thank you for your message.

The problem remains. An engineer will be attending tomorrow. It has been a week to get someone to attend.

Regards

Rikki

Thank you for keeping us updated on this. Please do let us know how the visit. 

^Martin