cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 not recording or deleting old recordings

Moz
On our wavelength

When I go to record a programme a spinning wheel comes up that says "scheduling recording"

IMG_20230310_114736.jpg

hangs there for a bit then it says "Scheduling in progress. Check planned recordings later to confirm it's all there" but nothing records....

IMG_20230310_114756.jpg

It also won't delete any previously recorded programmes that recorded when it was still working. Been happening for a few weeks now, although it did resolve itself briefly the issue is back.

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You'd posted in the V6 forum and referred to a V6, but the screenshots you've shown are from a TV360 box which is different to V6. I suspect you previously had a V6, but converted it to TV360 - in which case the software is fundamentally different. I've moved your post to TV360

Because of how TV360 is setup with master & slave (without HDD) boxes, what's your setup? The mini-box is half the height of a master owing to the lack of a HDD.

1629411602364.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Moz 

Which box do you have?

You've posted in the 360 forum, however the thread title mentions a V6 box.

Does your remote have a voice button, or does it have thumbs up/down buttons?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Moz
On our wavelength

Apologies for posting in the wrong place, can confirm I mean a V6 that has been upgraded to 360, I have 2 of these boxes.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A converted V6 becomes a TV360-master, whereas any additional boxes are TV360-minis.

Are you saying you have 2 x TV360-masters?

Are you trying to set a recording on the same box as gives that error, or the other one?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Check both boxes are set to fast start or active start, the recording might be on the other box.

Go to Saved > Recorded > See all > and click on the Recorded tab you will see a drop down with the following options:-

Recorded, Recorded on this Virgin TV box, Planned, and Planned for this Virgin TV box.

Also check you have a good network connection to both boxes.

Moz
On our wavelength
No recordings on other box either and connection is good, can't delete anything either

Were you able to follow the steps in roy247's post regarding the settings for recordings Moz? Were they set up like that or has changing to them helped resolve the issue?

Rob

Moz
On our wavelength

Can confirm settings were already set up like that, however it seems to have fixed itself over the weekend although it has been an issue on and off for several weeks now so won't be surprised if it comes back.

Hi Moz, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on things. 

We're happy to hear things seem to have resolved themselves for now. Hopefully they remain this way but if they do come back then pop back here and let us know and we can continue to look into things for you. 

Apologies once again for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs