cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade V6 to 360 Questions

ch4rch
On our wavelength

Hi apologies if this has already been answered but I had a search and could not find it.

Can anyone confirm that "Quick View" The function to watch recordings 30% faster exists on the 360 software? I have seen posts on facebook saying it doesn't but the guy that called me today to try and get me to upgrade was 100% sure it did but he also said that there was no way to roll me back if he was wrong.

I watch a lot of sport a few hours after it has happened and quick view is a huge time saver for me and I would hate to lose this feature.

I also fill a lot of hard disk space with sport and I am concerned that the upgrade is going to lose my ability to record on either box (we have 2 v6 boxes) and watch on either.

Anyone that confirm or help my concerns would be much appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19

Hi All I upgraded my TV package yesterday and can confirm there is NO quick play which is rubbish Virgin you really need to bring this back as said by others its great for skipping shows that have alot of filler footage in them like the police shows that reuse footage over and over incase you forgot what happened during the commercial breaks. 

Hahahahah your not allowed to say NO 🤣 on message tags 🤣 cause they NO they bad hahaha

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @basicchipmunk 

Whilst quickview/quickplay isn't available, you can do the following.

To skip forwards/backwards 15 minutes in recordings - press MIC and say "go forward 15 minutes" or "go back 15 minutes". You can also say "fast forward 10 minutes" or whatever amount of time you want. To avoid adverts on streamed & on demand say "skip forward three minutes" or "fast forward 3 minutes"

The left and right arrow buttons either side of the OK button skip forward 30 seconds and back 10 seconds.

If you press the fast forward button above the '3' key, you have 4 speeds depending on how many times you press the button, when fast forwarding you can press the TV button to turn off the graphics, you can then press the play button to start watching.

When fast forwarding press TV button and that will switch off the fast forward arrows etc. For Stop press the back button or pause button, TV button also stops and puts you back to TV.

As a side note you can play back in slow motion by pressing pause then Fast Forward

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ch4rch
On our wavelength

You really don't get the point of quick view clearly. It was an amazing feature that I truly miss. To watch a grand Prix recorded 30% faster without missing a second of the sound or action was simply brilliant. 

I agree fast forwarding is not the same as quick view!!!!

The 360 service is a V6 box so its the same hardware just upgraded software surely there must be a way to enable the function again in the settings/code?? 

It really is a great feature to have!

I feel a campaign coming on #bringbackquickview 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As has been said many times before, the software on V6 (TiVo) and that on TV 360 (Horizon) are completely different.

A setting on Horizon to simple enable Quickview is not going to happen as the code is simply not there.

It could be implemented in Horizon, assuming TiVo permitted use of their proprietary function, but I don’t see this happening. It’s a niche function. I doubt very few even knew it existed in TiVo software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ch4rch
On our wavelength

Totally understand that it's a different company's software and it is a niche TiVo function. However, it is still less functionality because other than voice control the 360 really adds nothing. The whole recording experience is a downgrade from being able to record anything where a name or team was mentioned to being able to add a series link for a program not yet in the guide. Then of course the ability to watch everything that bit faster. 

ONce upon a time VCRs had a feature called video+ it would record for the length that the code was broadcast and if a show overran you would still get the end (As long as you didn't run out of tape of course) I am surprised in this day and age where we have so much live sport and especially F1 where red flags can delay the race for hours sometimes that the system cannot automatically track the broadcast.

I don't rate 360, I had to have it as part of my renewal and as a technical person I am normally very eager to try a new thing but I am yet to meet anyone that feels they have an upgraded experience.

Blakeich
Dialled in

I used to love the quick view function on my 360 software. I was gutted when I lost the feature on my upgrade to 360. Will virgin be adding this feature back?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The honest answer is - no-one knows for certain except for the developers, and they tend to keep the roadmap pretty discrete.

Some of the differences with how TV360 do things are because of TiVo-patented features that TV360 may have to just do differently. Others can perhaps be added in time.

Fundamentally TV360 is not TiVo - it is different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It's not but technically the hardware I am using is as I still have my V6 boxes.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Blakeich wrote:

It's not but technically the hardware I am using is as I still have my V6 boxes.

The hardware is irrelevant here, when you converted 2 x V6 to 360, they stopped being  V6.

They are now 360, whether they were installed as 360 or were previously V6 is Immaterial.

It's like converting a Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11 and complaining about lost functionality "because it's the same laptop"