cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two virgin Tv 360 boxes

chris247247
Tuning in

Hi, technical support are telling me I can’t upgrade my two v6 boxes to 360. I have to upgrade one and swap one for a mini box, but this isn’t what it says on the website.

can someone clarify if I can have 2 360 boxes?

thank you 

25 REPLIES 25

Hi

i still only have 2 boxes on my account. The mini box has been taken away, and I have been left with 2 main boxes with hard drives, both running the 360 software which is all I ever wanted.

just disappointing to be told it’s impossible by technical support and this forum, and that I would have to have one of the boxes as a mini box.

but a technician at my house fixed it in 15 minutes. 

Hello chris247247,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the existing V6 box was converted to a 360 box.

Is everything working okay?

Are you able to view recording from each 360 box?

If you have any further issues, please let us know and we can do out best to help.

Gareth_L

Hi 

Thanks for the info about you boxes.

I am in a similar position. I have just asked for my v6 to be upgraded to 360. I also have a TiVo upstairs. I wanted to keep a box upstairs to record on. I was told that when I upgraded  to 360 a mini box would be sent out. I have since learnt that the mini box has no hard drive. I have asked if I can replace the mini box with a V6 or 360. I am expecting to speak to someone tomorrow Mon 29th March if this can be done  From what you say there is no reason why  I can’t have a 360 downstairs and either a V6  or 369 upstairs.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@coppercox 

You need to be clear. You have two boxes, a V6 and a TiVo, both which currently run TiVo software.

When your V6 is software-upgraded, it becomes a TV 360, running Horizon software.

Your TiVo is old hardware that can’t run Horizon software. It will be replaced with a TV 360 mini box, running Horizon software. You won’t be supplied a TV 360 box with hard disk to replace your TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Migrating two recording boxes on Horizon V360 is a perk of having two TiVO V6 boxes already installed at the time of migration. You cannot get this any other way. Horizon is designed to operate with only one recording location, so even if you did migrate two TiVO V6 boxes to Horizon, when one of them eventually fails it would be replaced with a V360 mini box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add - the TiVo-platform is fundamentally designed around recording, and thus 1: All TiVo & V6 have hard-drives, in addition to 2: The platform allowing multiroom streaming functionality

Horizon-software is designed around apps & cloud-based services, recording is a bolt-on. Hence a new TV360 install having one-master box and additional minis.

Converting multiple V6 into TV360-masters mitigates for this, but if any of those master boxes develops a fault, they are replaced with minis. You are advised to replace your TiVo with a V6 in the first instance, and then consider any potential conversion to TV360 as a separate thing.