cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two virgin Tv 360 boxes

chris247247
Tuning in

Hi, technical support are telling me I can’t upgrade my two v6 boxes to 360. I have to upgrade one and swap one for a mini box, but this isn’t what it says on the website.

can someone clarify if I can have 2 360 boxes?

thank you 

25 REPLIES 25

Here's my take on this. VM's policy is for a customer to be all -TiVo or all-360 - and for good reasons including box compatibility and reduction of confusion amongst customers (and VM staff for that matter). However what is policy and what is technically possible can be quite different, and I'm sure that a way can be found, even if it means something convoluted like turning the account back to TiVo, reactivating the V6,  turning the account back to 360 and migrating the V6 to a 360.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I wouldn't disagree with Roger's points, but would add a couple of bits for balance.

Reverting from TV360 > TiVo, I have read a couple of tales of people claiming it's possible - but for all intents, the process is one-way & irreversible.

And even if it were possible, VM's CS has a knack of messing up things that should be simple. So intentionally trying to engineer a process that is convoluted - only go for something if you're fully prepared to deal with any fallout.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

I would say it's much too convoluted for the Virgin system or the person you are likely to speak to as there isn't a one button you can press to do this for you, and if you go off shore then hang up.

If you connect the mini box I am guessing it will work, if it didn't then you might stand a chance of a main box but I have seen a couple of post's stating they had an engineer do the upgrade and swapped the 2nd V6 box for a mini. 

Hi there @chris247247

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you have felt let down by the resent conversion to 360 main and a mini. We would switch the boxes over like this with one being a mini. 

We unfortunately would not be able to arrange a swap back now that the box has been converted, I am very sorry about that.

Thank you

Further to this I booked an engineer online who came this morning. He got the 360 update pushed to my dead V6 and then reactivated it.

so I’m now running on two V6 boxes, upgraded to 360 so it is definitely possible 🙂 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've had the 360 update, then you no longer have V6 - you now have TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I mean the boxes with hard drives, which is what I wanted. Thank you everybody for your help 

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Hi there @chris247247

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you have felt let down by the resent conversion to 360 main and a mini. We would switch the boxes over like this with one being a mini. 

We unfortunately would not be able to arrange a swap back now that the box has been converted, I am very sorry about that.

Thank you

It's like the vast majority of Virgin Media staff simply don't want to put effort into helping anymore.

It's a simple thing that needs fixing. The mini box needs taking away and a 360 box put in. In fact there was obviously numerous ways of getting this fixed because the "dead" V6 was was used to upgrade to 360.

The level of service is getting worse.

@japitts wrote:

If you've had the 360 update, then you no longer have V6 - you now have TV360.

I think that's pretty pedantic reply and pretty misleading.

The OP had two V6 boxes that both should have been upgraded to 360. One was, one was deactivated for a mini. The deactivated one was then upgraded to 360.

So in theory, he has two V6s upgraded to 360 which was what happened and was worded correctly.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update chris247247,

To clarify now, do you still currently have just two boxes on the account?

Also if the other V6 box was still linked then it could be upgraded too to a 360.

Regards,

Kain