cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360

stevehathway
On our wavelength

Hi I'm 56, why does my tv360 constantly ask me on certain channels for my pin? I can't find anywhere in settings to disable this annoying feature. Any help please folks . Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't disable the PIN completely, it's required by OFCOM on certain content on all TV platforms

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/broadcast-codes/broadcast-code/section-one-protectin...

Currently the channels that require a PIN at certain times of the day are the Sky Cinema channels along with Sky Comedy, Sky Documentaries and Sky Max.

Other On Demand content will ask for the PIN too.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

stevemorgan
Superfast

Certain programmes and movies that are rated 12 and over and shown before the watershed will require a pin.

This is a condition set by the regulators.

If you or someone has inadvertently locked the channels 

Press HOME 

SCROLL TO THE SETTINGS COG

Parental control 

Hope this helps 

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stevehathway. Thank you for posting. 

As outlined by the other members of community in this thread, the feature is a condition set by regulators so sadly it is not possible to remove it completely. 

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

All the best, 

Molly

Don't think this feature is new to the TV 360.  It is tied in to the watershed regulation, so you even need to put in a PIN to watch Match of the day on recording

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnrambo18 wrote:

Don't think this feature is new to the TV 360.  It is tied in to the watershed regulation

@johnrambo18 

You're correct, but this is the point that Ben made 9 months ago in post#2 above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks