Menu
Nkawecki
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Trying to upgrade to TV 360

Hi There

I have the full OOmph package for a year or so now and want to upgrade to TV 360. 

I cant upgrade online as every time I try I get the 'sorry something went wrong message'.

I have tried to call virgin media on 4 occasions now and cant get through and they hang up after about an hour.

I have tried their text service which took 24 hours to respond only to spend another few hours in the text conversation only to find out I have ring the help line to speak to the OOMph team!!!! SO annoying and just keep going round in circles.

They have also sent me a email to fill out a questionnaire in relation to the recent calls and gave them honest negative feedback expecting some sort of response and nothing!!!

Is there anyway that someone of the forum can pick this up for me please? The easiest way would be to sort out the online upgrade system and unlock the sorry something went wrong message??? I can hen do the upgrade online no issue?

Thanks all

Rich_Sharp
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to upgrade to TV 360

I'm having exactly the same problem! Upgraded to Ultimate Oomph three weeks ago and no one mentioned anything about 360. Saw it online and tries to apply for the new boxes and had an email saying I needed to contact Virgin via phone. Two calls, over an hour on hold and both times got forwarded to an automated line which said that Virgin were closed and cut me off!!!

0 Kudos
Nkawecki
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still had no joy with Virgin and getting InTouch with them so have now opened an official compliant to see it that gets them into gear. I know its no real issue getting the upgrade but my main concern is not being able to get InTouch with anyone if I did have an issue which was affecting either my TV or Fibre service!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nkawecki,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you've not been able to get through to us to discuss your package change.

I'm sorry you've had to raise a complaint regarding this, I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Nkawecki
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex hopefully you can resolve the upgrade for me.

0 Kudos
Nkawecki
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

Alex has sorted out my upgrade to the TV 360 so hopefully I should get my new boxes in a few days!!! Might be worth posting your frustrations to see if you can get a response!

SC90NYG
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So basically, unless you make a complaint, you don't get any help? There's another post that's been going on for weeks and nobody has even bothered to respond. The service from virgin is an absolute joke tbh.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Whats the rush? You will get it in due course 

0 Kudos
SC90NYG
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it's a case of 'whats the rush' it's more a case that the option has been given, but people are having all kinds of issues with it and as of yet, nobody has bothered to respond or provide a solution except now where a complaint has been mentioned.

I've personally spent 3hrs on the phone being passed from pillar to post and still nobody has any idea what they're doing. They've not trained anyone on the new service which makes it crazy they've got an option to upgrade, which doesn't work for most.

The fact they're still installing the old boxes then giving you an option to upgrade the same day is also baffling. Seeing people being charged £35 + for something that's supposedly free, it all adds up.

Tonystulberg1
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex I'm having  the same problem and was wondering you could help me

Thanks Tony

0 Kudos