cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box won't go on white light, permanently on red. I can still watch telly but remote keeps skipping

Iacovej2
Joining in

I have rebooted it again and again. It then allows me to watch telly but the remote keeps skipping. So if I try and select an app - like Youtube or Netflix - it skips and it takes ages to select what I want. I have removed and replaced the batteries in my remote but it doesn't make any difference. Usually, when the red light is on I can't even watch anything so I am utterly nonplussed (sorry I just corrected my previous post "when the red light is on I cannot watch anything" not "can") I have had Virgin for years and this has never happened so I am utterly nonplussed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Iacovej2 

Please don't create a duplicate post - just confirm which box you have and this post can be moved.

But yes - there should be minimum need to use the "clear all and delete" reset in most circumstances. If you have done this, the box will need replacing via a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

roy247
Community elder

If the reboot was just a power cycle then try a factory reset of the box.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Thanks for advice. But when I go into my TiVo I don’t get those options. I get: restart the TiVo box; clear thumb ratings; clear programme and planned recordings and, finally, clear and delete everything

Hi,

Looks like you have posted on the wrong board but never mind your box is probably a V6, I would read this first before doing anything,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Known-Issue-Clear-and-Reset-Function-V6/td-p/51613...

Hi lacovej2,

If you have the box on the left then you need to post on the TiVo board, if it's the one on the right then post on the V6 board, unless someone moves this for you.

TiVo.jpgV6.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Iacovej2 

Please don't create a duplicate post - just confirm which box you have and this post can be moved.

But yes - there should be minimum need to use the "clear all and delete" reset in most circumstances. If you have done this, the box will need replacing via a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I actually don’t know what kind of box it is . It says it is on platform dcx960. How do I find it? There’s nothing written on box

That will be a V6 box the picture on the right in message 5,  if you could just confirm that.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Iacovej2 wrote:

I actually don’t know what kind of box it is . It says it is on platform dcx960. How do I find it? There’s nothing written on box

Take a look at the pictures on https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The DCX960 is Arris manufactured, so it will be a TiVO V6 unless it’s been migrated to Horizon firmware.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993