cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360

miken62
Joining in

Just joined the forum and am awaiting my remote before upgrading. Have tried reading some of the post and replies and I am confused.

Is it worth upgrading and if I do nothing after receiving the remote do I stay on Tivo?

What is the loss of full Series Link + functionality mentioned in my welcome e-mail?

I use SL on Tivo and thus do not miss the programmes I want - will I lose this function by upgrading? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The choice of whether to convert to 360 is yours alone, but if you've requested the remote then the process has started and there's no going back. A few days after receiving the remote, an "upgrade now" icon will appear on your V6 menu - after a certain period, the conversion will usually commence automatically. All your current series links and recordings will be lost when your box is converted.

360 has a series link functionality, with some caveats...

1: Series links are for single channels only, so you can't set an SL for "all channels" as you can with TiVo/V6

2: Series links can only be set for programmes that are due to broadcast in the next fortnight and thus listed in your programme guide. TiVo/V6 lets you set a SL for any programme you can find an OnDemand listing for.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The choice of whether to convert to 360 is yours alone, but if you've requested the remote then the process has started and there's no going back. A few days after receiving the remote, an "upgrade now" icon will appear on your V6 menu - after a certain period, the conversion will usually commence automatically. All your current series links and recordings will be lost when your box is converted.

360 has a series link functionality, with some caveats...

1: Series links are for single channels only, so you can't set an SL for "all channels" as you can with TiVo/V6

2: Series links can only be set for programmes that are due to broadcast in the next fortnight and thus listed in your programme guide. TiVo/V6 lets you set a SL for any programme you can find an OnDemand listing for.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks