cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 box

Ollievee
Joining in

I have just had two 360 mini boxes installed, one in the living room and one in my son's room.  We have noticed that what I have recorded appears on his box and I'm guessing anything he records will also appear on mine.  Surely this is going to fill the boxes memories quickly, the V6 boxes were not like this?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're correct to state V6 boxes did not behave like this, those all had their own hard drives. 360-boxes are either masters (with hard drives) or minis, that rely on the master for all recording due to not having HDD's of their own.

So all your recordings are actually being stored on your 360-master, and the mini is multi-room streaming all its recordings from the master. This is by design of the TV360 system, which fundamentally is different to TiVo/V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply.  A couple of silly questions now, how do I know which one is the master and how do I find out how full it is?  How much does it store?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All 360-master boxes have 1Tb of storage, and are twice the height of the mini owing to the HDD presence.

Others who use 360 should be able to advise how to check storage space.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Press the Home button, go to Saved, Recordings, See All and you will see a % full number top left.

Thanks very much for your help.