cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Upgrade

lukepawley
On our wavelength

I recently recieved my upgrade pack for moving to TV360. Upon recieiving this, I followed all instructions but there was no option to 'Upgrade to TV360' on my V6 box, either from the home screen or from the Apps and Games screen. It has been 4 days now and I have made a total of 4 hours 34 minutes worth of phonecalls over 7 separate occasions only to be fobbed off time and time again. Nobody at Virgin seems to be able to force the upgrade through and each time they promise me a callback (4 occassions) and I get nothing, nada, zip! This is the tip of the iceberg. I am on a multi-room contract so they sent me a V6 mini as well to replace my Samsung Tivo. Upon switching on the Tivo 4 days ago, all my channels were blocked and I could not connect. So, I plugged in the new V6 mini and went through setup. Now all I get is C1011 error - Can't retireve account. So, no services at all in one room, no upgrade option in another. No help at all from the tech team, no phone calls back from anyone.

This is all after another issue 3 weeks ago during which it took 6 days and 14 phonecalls to get a replacement Tivo box (beofre I made the mistake of trying to upgrade) because the original one had perished. 

When I spoke to the agent about refunding my monthly payment, or at least part of it, for lack of services, he said they couldnt do that and that nobody from the CS team would help me after I requested to be put through to them. It is, quite simply, the single most frustrating and incompetent service provider I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.  

44 REPLIES 44

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the issue of forced migrations, this post is probably as good an answer as you're likely to get.

The flip side is that development of the TiVo/V6 platform is likely now limited to legal/regulatory bits and possible new app launches.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@deans6571 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@Molly_G wrote:

Hi @lukepawley,

Once the migration is complete you should be entitled to any money owed for the service you have paid for but not received in that time.

@madacj, there are no current plans to do so at this present time.

Kind regards,

If there are no current plans at present does that mean Virgin will be renewing their contract with Tivo before it expires next year?

No - VM are not renewing this. Its already been documented that this is not happening, hence the move away from TiVo (why would they be offering the new Horizon software if they were renewing the TiVo contract!) .

I know that already, my question was rather tongue in cheek as VM reps keep saying there are no plans when there are plans.

@japitts wrote:

On the issue of forced migrations, this post is probably as good an answer as you're likely to get.

The flip side is that development of the TiVo/V6 platform is likely now limited to legal/regulatory bits and possible new app launches.

That post is categorically incorrect. Why VM don't just admit that their Tivo relationship is ending and the 360 running Horizon software is the future beats me..

4 weeks. Still nothing. 

And now I have an M62 error and reduced functionality on my main V6. It is surely impossible to be this incompetent?!

@lukepawley wrote:

And now I have an M62 error and reduced functionality on my main V6. It is surely impossible to be this incompetent?!

TBH I am surprised you haven't switched to sky with the lack of support you have received from Virgin, why you should have to wait over a week, even taking into account covid, to have a problem fixed for a service you are paying for. Would any of the forum team like to be without access to TV for 4 weeks, why they can't just say they can see a problem and send an engineer to swap the box for one with 360/Horizon software already loaded which will more than likely fix the problem. The box can then be refurbished, hopefully the hard drive will be fully read/write tested and 360 loaded and then put back into service.

You may have had the problem fixed quicker if you had left and then signed up on a new disconnected deal.

Hope you get this fixed soon.

lukepawley
On our wavelength

Further update: On System Info my Virgin Media Service Account says 8: Closed.

Honestly, I am so desperate just to get out this contract now. I will never, ever again be using VM and I will be advising every one of my customers to dump them as soon as possible as well; not that they won't after I regale them with this tale of incompetence. 

They now want to send an engineer! It's laughable. This is an account processing issue. It is not a hardware fault. A trained chimp can see that.

All I need is a V6 box pre-loaded with with new software for TV360. It really isn't difficult at all. 

You can't have a preloaded box sent out, as all the v6/360 boxes are the same and set to receive either software on installation depending on what you subscribe to, TiVo or Horizon. 

The main reason for the engineer visit is, so they can check if all the equipment and signal levels are working OK. Due to the world wide shortage of semi conductors and silicon, there is a shortage of boxes. (Just look at the new Sony Ps5 and Microsoft Xbox shortages) at the moment they can't just swap boxes out, like they use to.

FYI there are world wide shortages of many things at the moment, thanks to our Chinese friends unleashing a horrible virus on us, a colleague of mine couldn't even sorce a couple of bags of cement last week. 

Be grateful for the engineer visit, they will sort you issue out, but also please be polite.

Drivel. I mean, of the highest order. 

It has been a month. Nothing has been done to help solve this issue. The representative on the phone literally told me that if they needed to, they would replace the box with one which had the software already installed on it. If that is wrong then by definition, this exemplifies my points perfectly. 

I don't need an apologist for VM's clear incompetence or their lack of care for anyone or anything other than profit. I need what I have paid for and am paying for, neither of which I have. 

The virus or indeed, your colleague's cement woes for what they're worth, have no bearing on VM not calling back when promising to. Cutting me off after being placed on hold for 28 minutes and not calling back....twice!. Of my being told that instalation would happen automatically in 7 days.... twice. It has no bearing on the contempt they had for me 2 months ago when they demanded on sending out an engineer because of a broken ethernet port on an old Samsung Tivo box even though we were unable to allow anyone into the house due to the complex nature! of one of my children's health needs. Their representative actually said and I quote 'well does the kid never go out?'. No. He doesn't. On that occasion, after 2 weeks and 5 or so hours on the phone, a competent agent called Paulina (PZ) on Twitter invited me into a chat and after about 3 minutes popped a new box in the post and 24 hours later it was problem solved. So much for the 'world shortage'

If you had bothered to read the thread instead of reacting to a single post you will have understood my angst. 

At the moment I have a mini V6 working fine with TV360 as a second box hence my the signal quality is not an issue. I have a main V6 which at first did not have any option to upgrade and now has no services at all other than live TV and an account status that says closed hence this is an account profile issue. An engineer will not help other than to try a new box or ring in to VM whilst here and speak to a competent person who can send through the correct push signal or update my account status appropriately, something we as mere customers are unable to do, seemingly. Given the opportunity, I'm sure I could do this but it seems that nobody at VM understands how their own systems work. At one point, a tier two tech was trying to tell me that it wasn't working because I have a discount applied to my account.... seriously, this is what I'm dealing with.

So, apologise on their behalf and make as many excuses as you want to. Good luck to you. I, on the other hand, will be away from this shambles of a service as soon as is contractually possible as will as many of my customers as I can possibly advise. 

I would suggest, if there is a 'world shortage' of equipment then VM should perhaps stop offering new systems to new customers and deal with those that are being royally shafted instead. My suspicion is that there are plenty of V6 boxes available for any new customer who is foolish enough to sign up for this horrorshow.... isn't that strange....?