cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Box ARC problem

CAAT_London
On our wavelength

I have just upgraded to TV360 about a month ago, the minute the upgrade completed, the connection via the TV ARC signal ceased and we cannot get sound through the Amp. I don't think any tinkering is necessary as I simply think the new software does not work as well as the old software, and it's clear from the number of complaints that this is a problem area. Are there any known fixes for this issue and/or do we know if Virgin are aware of the problem and that they are working on a fix for it?

In fact I would not recommend that anyone takes the TV360 offering, it has a bad UI (the V6 wasn't great, but this is worse), the tv remote no longer does the slight rewind when you fast forward through programmes to put you where you intended to continue watching (compensating for any reaction time). It's not worth losing any programme history and planned recordings programmes. It really has no advantage over the original V6 given the bugs.

I would love to solve this problem with the Amp, as the experience is sub-par now. I would have liked to have been warned before upgrading about the things that don't work, a bit like the notes you get with new medication! Although I'm annoyed, I would obviously be much less annoyed with fixes for some of these issues!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Is it only the 360 that doesn't give you audio using your HDMI-ARC connection. Without knowing your setup I can only say it's not a bug, my TV and soundbar are connected using the HDMI-eARC connections HDMI 2 on the TV and the 360 connected to HDMI 1 on the TV.

TV and amp details might get a more informed answer.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

Is it only the 360 that doesn't give you audio using your HDMI-ARC connection. Without knowing your setup I can only say it's not a bug, my TV and soundbar are connected using the HDMI-eARC connections HDMI 2 on the TV and the 360 connected to HDMI 1 on the TV.

TV and amp details might get a more informed answer.

Yes, sorry, erm... It's only the Virgin box that has stopped working, though I can't be sure at the moment that there isn't another problem with one of the other devices (primarily because they aren't used much).

TV: Samsung UE55HU7500

Amp: Sony STR-DN1080

The Now TV, Apple TV and Blu Ray player all work fine.

Will try and verify the other devices (or at least one of them).

Is the 360 connected to the TV or the amp, if it's connected to the TV did it pair OK by using the model number or using the sound test, also try setting the volume keys control to the TV. It might also be something to do with HDMI control Anynet+ on samsung, try turning it off and on, on the TV as it will then rescan the hdmi ports.

If it's connected to your amp same again did it pair ok, only set your volume keys control to your amp.

The 360 is connected to the TV and the tv to the Amp. When the V6 was originally acquired, it was connected to the Amp, but that did not work and Virgin instructed me to connect directly to the TV, and that solved the original problem. Unfortunately, since this upgrade havoc has arisen. Will try your suggestions tomorrow.

Anynet is definitely not behaving, so will try what you suggest.

Switching Anynet off hasn't made a difference. I've event unplugged any devices not in use to see if that makes a difference.

Hi,

I assume that if you select the TV speaker then the 360 plays through that so it's just the link to the amp that doesn't work.

I had a Sony amp connected to a Samsung TV, 360 was connected to the amp then to the TV not using arc, it worked for ages then the sound started not playing through the amp and went straight to the TV speaker, I cured that by playing around with the HDMI control settings, Anynet+  and on the Sony amp when you turned on HDMI control for the Sat input that gave you some other options that you could turn on + off.

Hi @CAAT_London,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the audio from your TV box after upgrading it to 360. I can see that @roy247 has offered some advice to help narrow down where the issue might lie with your equipment. Let us know if that helps at all or if the issue remains and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have not been able to improve the operation. I cannot get the receiver to work with the TV360 box.

Hello again,

Don't know if your Samsung has this option or if it will make any difference my lg has a digital sound output option set to pass through.