cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box dropping signal

Gav3
Tuning in

Since getting a new remote control and software upgrade on my V6 box I have been experiencing issues!

The V6 box sporadically drops signal and the screen either flickers or goes blank. Each time this happens I have to switch off the box for around two minutes then back on for it to reconnect.

Also, even though my new remote recognizes my television it won't connect properly, not allowing me to use the volume settings or standby button.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Gav3 

I suggest pairing the remote again. There are usually a number of codes for each TV, and you will find 2 or 3 codes will work correctly , others partially or not at all. So don't just accept the first one that appears to work.

When the TV drops signal or goes balnk do you see any error messages? Are there any  specific channels affected by this? 

Have you tried re-seating the HDMI cable, or swapping it for another one?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gav3 wrote:

Since getting a new remote control and software upgrade on my V6 box I have been experiencing issues!

Just by means of some general advice, you don't have a V6 anymore. You've converted it to a 360 and it's no longer a V6.

360 & TiVo/V6 are completely different software platforms, hence the common parlance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't use an HDMI cable! It loses signal regardless of what channel I'm watching.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does your TV display any error codes when the signal drops? And does the error happen on OnDemand programmes? That's processed by the 360 differently to live TV & recorded content.

If the error is being produced by your 360 losing a live TV feed, there will be an error message/code associated with it. If not, then it's likely meaning the video output is dropping and the TV is detecting a loss of HDMI video input.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@Gav3 wrote:
I don't use an HDMI cable! It loses signal regardless of what channel I'm watching.

If you don't use an HDMI cable to connect the 360 to your TV how is it connected. 

If you don't use an HDMI cable how on earth do you expect to receive anything from a virgin TV box to your TV.