Menu
JerryButtery
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV V6 Guide received

Thank you, Virgin, for sending me a  TV V6 guide. But why does its centre page have a picture of the old remote control for my Tivo box, which has several buttons no longer present on the new remote control? For example, thumbs up and thumbs down buttons. I was invited to indicate my approval or otherwise the other day using thumbs up or down but had no means of doing it with the new remore control. However, this is the least of my complaints about the V6,  which I still, after several weeks, find difficult and confusing to operate.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV V6 Guide received

If you don't have a thumbs up Nd down button then you don't have a v6 box

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You've been sent the guide for a V6 box, not a 360 box

The 360 guide is here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Virgin-TV-360-User-Guide/td-p/4540238

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
JerryButtery
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. But why did they send me the V6 guide????

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JerryButtery,

"I was invited to indicate my approval or otherwise the other day using thumbs up or down but had no means of doing it with the new remote control."

Does your box still give you the option to rate suggestions ? If it does you are not running 360 software as the 360 box doesn't have suggestions so you will have a V6 box with Tivo software and will need a V6 remote and not a 360 remote until you get upgraded to 360.

Is this why you said,

"However, this is the least of my complaints about the V6,  which I still, after several weeks, find difficult and confusing to operate."

0 Kudos