cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Services not activated after suspension.

Felixkat
Up to speed

Due to a misunderstanding I had my services suspended due to a bounced payment.  I paid the minimum requested to get everything up and running again and after a couple of hours my internet service was back.

Unfortunately my TV services were never re-instated and currently I have no channels on any of the three boxes,

I have attempted an conversation on WhatsApp and by calling support and both say there are no issues with the boxes and that they have sent the signal to re-activate the boxes.  Despite supplying serials numbers and various reboot of the boxes they are still not activated.

I am being told I need an engineer but I don't believe this is the case.  All three boxes were working fine before the suspension, they were de-activated for 3-4 hours and since the internet connection was restored none of them work.

To clarify, they power on and I see all the menus but any interaction tells me there is an account problem.  When I try to access via my mobile it says there is an account problem.

I can't believe for one minute I need an engineer, the boxes are online with an IP address and the internet is fine.  Too much of a coincidence that all three boxes would be faulty and support say they can see the boxes.

When I first received my second box a couple of years ago I had a similar issue. It wasn't the activation that had to be sent it was something else that needed re-instating, unfortunately I don't know what that was.

Three different places tell me there is an account issue and I believe that this is the issue rather than something an engineer is required for.

Can anyone help?

Screenshot_20220817-131056_Virgin TV Go.jpg20220817_140105 (2).jpgIMG-20220817-WA0028.jpgIMG-20220817-WA0030.jpg

TVBox No Issues.jpg

55 REPLIES 55

Hi Felixkat, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

As stated in the PM, I am going to write to the CEO.

It seems that nobody wants to take ownership of the issue and see that this is resolved.  I've worked in support for many companies over the years, to have an outstanding issue after nearly 3 months is simply unheard of.  I would personally make it my mission to see such an issue resolved after such a long time.

I've contacted these forums, had discussions via PM, had telephones calls and spoken to numerous agents on WhatsApp.  Everybody tells me my account is active despite the TV Go app saying it's suspended.   And as a reminder my TV service also said it was suspended and the only way to get it working again was to replace the box.... effectively bypassing the system.

Somebody somewhere deals with the technical side of accounts whether it's via MAC address or Serial activation and could investigate this.  It seems that nobody has the knowledge on who to pass this on to.

I've simply given up discussing this issue and having to provide security questions again and again only to have to request for non existent updates every week. 

Enough is enough.

Thanks for coming back to us Felixkat. I have staged this to our 2nd line faults team to investigate the issues that you're having. They should get in touch with you directly to discuss this further, they should be in touch within the next 24 to 48 hours. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

1 week since your message and 14 weeks since the issue was logged.

Still nothing resolved and no follows ups.

Hi Felixkat, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Checking things this end I can see the fault is still open with the 2nd line team. I'm sorry that they have not yet been in touch. 

As the work order is still open and sat with them, this will mean they are investigating and trying to get things put right. Once they have an update, they will contact you directly. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Almost 6 months later to the day and it still doesn't work.

Hi @Felixkat 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Is this your TV GO service that doesn't or the TV itself? 

The ticket logged came back with the account as active/no issues showing from a back office point of view.

Please let me know.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Is this your TV GO service that doesn't or the TV itself? 

It's the TV to go app.  It says my services are suspended and it's been like this for 6 months.

The ticket logged came back with the account as active/no issues showing from a back office point of view.

Yes, well this is the issue.  My account was originally suspended and since it was re-instated my TV to Go app has never worked.  The error message is that my  services are suspended.  Originally my TV didn't work either but the engineer got around that by installing a new box, effectively bypassing the system.

Every time I respond to this thread, phone up, make complaints or speak on WhatsApp it's the same old story.  Virgin Media checks my account, see's it as not suspended and then closes the call.  There are plenty screenshots in this thread which shows the error message I am getting.

When my account was unsuspended, (which incidentally was due an error from Virgin), only the internet and phone came back up.  The TV didn't work for a week until the engineer swapped the master box.  The TV Go hasn't worked since.

So, somewhere in the system my services still show suspended.

Thank you for that information. So confirm, the Tv services are now working thanks to the engineer. But the Tv Go services still aren't working?

^Martin

Yes that's correct.  TV Go services doesn't work on the app or any browser, both tell me my services are suspended.  The same message for six months.