cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Live Channels & Sports Packages

rpickthall
Joining in

Set up our new Virgin TV 360 yesterday but can't get live TV channels or Sky and BT Sports. We are connected via WiFi. This is the error message:

Channel failed - CS2004 - We're currently unable to show this channel. Please check your cables, reboot and then try again.

Our router is in another room, so connecting the router to the 360 box isn't an option. 

Do we need an engineer to come out? If so, please can we book an appointment.

Thanks, Rachel

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Rachel,

Do you have VM cabling in the room your TV is in?

The live TV channels on the 360 box  are carried over  VM's coaxial cable.

If the 360 isn't connected to the coaxial then you will only be able to watch catch up and on demand providing it's connected to the internet.

The 360 can be connected by either wifi or ethernet cable for the internet connection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave.

As far as I'm aware we only have the VM cabling and box in the room above, where our new VM modem is which we plugged into an old Virgin wall box that we inherited from the previous owners of the house. 

We are a bit frustrated as we switched from BT whereby everything (including all our sports packages) worked nicely using our Samsung smart TV (no extra box needed) with a BT modem 2 floors above; but we found out yesterday that VM doesn't work on Samsung TVs. We weren't warned about this when we switched ...

So yesterday we tried to set up the VM box but have now hit another problem regarding cabling.

Help!

Rachel

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Rachel

It sounds like the TV package you had with BT was via the internet.

VM TV boxes should work on any TV that has an HDMI port.

You will need a manned install to set up cabling in the room with your TV360 box.

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

You might also want to consider the Stream box instead of the TV360 box.

The Stream box is internet based, so doesn't need the VM coaxial cabling, however it doesn't have a hard drive so you wouldn't  be able to make recordings. It's also restricted to one box per property and can't be taken with any other VM TV box.

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That's helpful, thank you. I'll call them tomorrow. R