Menu
JONAH60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 welcome screen

Existing customer, moved to new home and had the oomph bundle installed Friday. All fine untill Monday evening, main TV 360 box won't start, stuck between welcome screen and download screen. On the phone to virgin two and a half hours Monday night three different techs after first two disappeared  after realising that turning it off and on ten times each wasn't doing anything. Turned off and on further ten times with third tech before he decided that it needed a new high speed hdmi cable. Guessing the same as the three day old High speed hdmi cable fitted Friday, have plugged mini box in using the dodgy cables and working fine two days in. Would assume from this the box has a fault but phone engineers seem to be reluctant to admit it or send someone out. Would email direct but cannot find address. Any suggestions, thanks

0 Kudos
Andrewsglasgow
Dialled in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV 360 welcome screen

First of all there is a big thing about high speed cables and unless your watching 4K if at all would it be useful. But most are all capable. This wouldn’t be a HDMI fault.

it sounds like a box fault and you need to go back and push them on this. Being stuck between screen sounds more like a box and software issue. Nothing to do with cables. 

0 Kudos
JONAH60
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, that's pretty much what I suspected. I'll have to try calling again.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JONAH60

Thanks for posting this and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your TV 360. 

Were you able to speak to our team since posting this? Has this been solved for you? If not, we are more than happy to help. 

Please do let us know, 

Many thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JONAH60
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to two people Friday, apparently V6 box is not taking the 360 update so think it is going to be sorted, don't yet know when but sure it is being dealt with somewhere, thank you 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear JONAH60 🙂

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on things. 
We're glad to hear that things are getting sorted for you now. If you have any further issues going forward then you know where we are.
Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JONAH60
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have an update for you engineer booked apparently, phoned to find out when they might be coming

Yep, No engineer booked, back to square one, plug box in, unplug it, power off power on

In the end my wife insisted on speaking to  manager and the  helpful tech put the phone down. Friday is the end of 14 day cooling off period so cancelling service this afternoon. Shame it hasn't worked out, obviously a pain having to make other arrangements

0 Kudos
JONAH60
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Would like to add that I believe I have been very patient and made excuses when your techs have decided they can't help so just hang up on us, four occasions and only once did they ring back

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi JONAH60, 

Thanks for coming back to me again on this one. 

When calling us have you been using your landline? I ask as your landline is connected through your broadband, if this resets it will drop the call so I'm wondering if this is why you've had so many disconnected calls. 

I've looked at the account and it was showing a provisioning issue so I've refreshed things from our end to try and force the connection. Can you please try rebooting the box for me again to see if this has helped. 

If it hasn't come back and let me know and I'll arrange to get an engineer out to take a look at things for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JONAH60
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have reconnected main box 

Is there a way to send you a picture of what I am seeing as your techs don't seem to believe there is an orange power button light

0 Kudos