cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 mini box

bbennett70
Joining in

Have a TV 360with one mini box. The latter stalls and is intermittent on recordings and catch up. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello bbennett70, 

Thanks for the update. 

Great to hear its all been sorted now.

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

First of all as the mini box accesses recordings from the main box is the main box connected to fast start or active start. How are both boxes connected to your Virgin hub ethernet cable or wifi.

Thanks for replying. Main box has no problems. The boxes were installed by virgin engineer and are cable connected

Just to be clear, the mini box has 2 cable connections, the coax for live TV and a ethernet cable for everything else.

What are the network diagnostics results from the Settings menu.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As alluded to by roy, the mini-box doesn't have a hard drive or any recording functionality, this all comes from the master box and is multiroom-streamed.

So if you're seeing problems with recordings on the mini, one of two things is happening..

1: The main box has a problem either with the live channel or recording, and this will be replicable.

2: There's a problem with the mini <--> Hub connection - testing OnDemand on the mini should replicate this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bbennett70,

Thanks for posting and welcome too our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the 360 mini.

I've had a look at things from our side, can you confirm if there are any error messages on screen, and what colour the light on the front of the box is?

Alex_Rm

Thanks for your reply.

Engineer replaced the faulty box yesterday and now all good.

Hello bbennett70, 

Thanks for the update. 

Great to hear its all been sorted now.

Gareth_L