cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 HELP

92elliot
Tuning in

Hi,

So after being forced to convert to TV360 I am confused as to me this feels like a step backwards. 

Their may be a way to fix the issues I am experiencing which were standard with the V6 box and software before this. 

Due to the upgrade we lost our recordings as expected but when then going back and reciting a series link it no longer in the recorded shows has the previously shown episodes directly from the recordings menu e.g. I start from episode 4 of season 1 the old software would add ep 1 to 3 in the recorded shows unless told not to. I can't see any option other then having to go into explore show and manually find all the previous episodes making it a much more long winded process. 

Also we are now getting recordings from all the boxes in the house shared, this isn't helpful we don't want the soap recordings that only one family member watches on the family TV filling up the recordings menu. 

Help would be appreciated if these things have options to change! 

V6 was far easier and stream lined the only positive I have found from TV360 is the fast forward/rewind function now has no delay when you then resume play but id rather have the V6 box software back which was far more streamlined and easy to function especially for the older generation in the house.

28 REPLIES 28

@wisedroid wrote:

I've had a similar experience moving to 360 on my 2x V6 boxes. 

It actually can technically be reverted by replacing the boxes and so I have asked for this but not keeping my hopes up.

Even today initially support told me that it is definitely an upgrade and that mine must have a fault if series links don't work as expected...

Yes, I don't understand why they would do it when it's so clearly more complicated and a step down from the original. Yes it looks more 'modern' and the fast forward/rewind may run smoother but everything about it is complete downgrade. 

Yeah agreed. I understand the many messages on here saying that 'should have done research' but equally you should be able to view a providers website and take their word it is an upgrade.

@wisedroid wrote:

Yeah agreed. I understand the many messages on here saying that 'should have done research' but equally you should be able to view a providers website and take their word it is an upgrade.

Research wouldn't have helped me when controllers turned up one day with a message saying I would be automatically updated if I didn't do it myself within 5/6days.

Yeah that is worse than my experience then as at least I was asked and stupidly said yes.

You should definitely escalate within support / raise a complaint to see if you can get it reverted through new v6 boxes. Does seem 1 or 2 people have had success with this route although the standard policy is strictly no way back

I’m currently talking to Virgin via direct messages here to see what can possibly be done. 

If nothing i hope they at least work on a way to improve this new software to at least get it to a point where it’s as good as the old. 

just having all recordings on ALL boxes is unnecessary and makes it harder to scroll through and find what it is you want, the whole speaking to the controller option isn’t needed I’ve had that for the Samsung TV for 5+years and don’t think I have used it once.

I just want shows recorded on a specific TV box to be on that box only and recordings to go back to before where they can find and place missed recordings in the shows options for stream or tv recordings etc.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The problem you are up against is that VM is now owned by a far bigger fish in the cable market. Liberty Global owns many cable operations in Europe & has developed & is now operating Horizon as the only TV platform in these countries.

As a result we are in a transition phase between TiVO, whose agreement will end in the foreseeable future, & the parent companies system.

The latest Humax TV boxes will only run on Horizon. The Arris units running TiVO can for the most part run both, although some are failing in conversion. There is no facility to replace Horizon on these boxes, so they would have to be replaced, probably with refurbed Arris units. However, this is not company policy. Also the value of TiVO is going down as new apps are only being developed for Horizon.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I share the frustrations outlined by 92elliot.

I upgraded to 2 boxes last week, so have 2 "old" TIVO boxes upgraded by software.

I've found that it's no longer possible to watch a recorded progam on TV2 box if it has already been watched on TV1 box. If TV2 watches the program before TV1 then that's ok; TV1 can watch anytime.

Very frustrating.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dlanor wrote:

I upgraded to 2 boxes last week, so have 2 "old" TIVO boxes upgraded by software.

I've found that it's no longer possible to watch a recorded progam on TV2 box if it has already been watched on TV1 box. If TV2 watches the program before TV1 then that's ok; TV1 can watch anytime.

Very frustrating.

Hi @dlanor 

You should be able to watch recordings on both boxes, irrespective of which one one you viewed it on first.

Have you set up profiles on the boxes?   If so you may need to switch to the shared profile to watch recordings made under a different profile.

If you have a main box and a mini box then all the recordings are stored on the main box (the mini doesn't have a hard drive) so the main box needs to be turned on if you want to watch any recordings.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also bear in mind "upgrade" is a very subjective term. To some people, converting from Apple to Android would be an upgrade - to others, the opposite is true.

Many marketers use "upgrade" and it's a prevalent term in mobile telecoms where common parlance takes it to mean a newer phone.

Ultimately, VM are within their rights to call the TV360 platform whatever they want in their marketing material - but in reality it is a different platform with pros & cons both ways.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

With my 2 now updated V6's to the TV360. Are their any ways to fix my issues then being: 

1. In the Recordings only show what each box has recorded individually rather then sharing one catalogue for both boxes and what they record. 

2. Making it easier when recording a series like the previous V6 if finding a series already started and putting onto series link being able to choose for it to add previously shown episodes you have missed to the recordings menu so all are in one place. Rather then what appears to now have to go and find the show and go into its info and catch-up that way.