cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify

BenjiJay
Just joined

I understand that Spotify was previously removed from the list of available apps on the Virgin TV 360 box, but I was wondering if there were any plans to make a new deal with Spotify to make the app available again

Thank you kindly

Ben

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Spotify has never been available on the 360, it used to be available on TiVo but I believe that is was removed around 2016.

As far as I know, there are no immediate plans for a collaboration agreement between Spotify and Virgin TV 360. Does anyone know the reason why their collaboration was discontinued in 2016? I have subscriptions to both Virgin TV 360 and Spotify. We often watch TV shows or use a set-top box to connect to other streaming services. I can't imagine my day without music, so it's important for me to use a convenient app. I have Apple Music and Spotify installed. Most of the time, I use the latter. I like that Spotify gives young artists the opportunity to develop and promote their creative work. There's streamingfamous.com , which helps artists become known to their audiences.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s not just a case of getting a carriage deal. Anyone wanting to put an app on VMs boxes has to develop them themselves specifically for use on the Horizon platform.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes it is annoying.... We used to have the CNN app on the 360 but that has been removed and that worked fantastic on the 360 software