cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skysports pixilated

Michael121113
Joining in

Hi

I have trouble with skysports channels pixelating all the time. Skysports main event is fine but skysportspl and skysportsfootball pixelating all the time and sound goes off on.

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

If you have the same problem with Sky Thriller, Sky Action, Animal Planet, More 4, Sky Documentaries, Sony Max, Nick and MTV, all these are on the same mux, and everything else is OK, then it's either a faulty box or signal level adjustment that is required both of which requires an engineer, so either a call to Virgin is required, 150 from a Virgin phone or you can wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. You've not said whether you're watching these channels in SD or HD - Roy's advice assumes you're talking about Sky PL-HD rather than Sky-PL-SD, but the underlying principle is the same regardless.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi japitts,

As Sky Sports Main Event SD and Sky Sports Football SD are on the same mux I assume the OP has Sky Sports HD.

Yes it's HD not so

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble watching some of your Sky Sports channels. I've ran some diagnostics on my end and I can see that your Pre and Post RS are out of spec along with your equipment's Input Level.

This can signify that the co-axial cable is not securely connected to your equipment - can you please check and make sure everything is secure and tightly fitted for both your equipment and wall socket?

Please let me know how you get on as we may need to check this further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ