Menu
jimdeb
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports

I have just got the 0omph bundle and sky sports does not look as if it is in HD is there something I am missing ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky sports

Hi jimdeb,

If you have the Ultimate Oomph bundle then the Sky Sports Channels are in HD on channels 501 to 510.

Any other package which includes Sky Sports is in SD, on channels 511 to 520, unless you request the HD version which is an extra £7 per month.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

If you have the Ultimate Oomph bundle then the Sky Sports Channels are in HD on channels 501 to 510.

Any other package which includes Sky Sports is in SD, on channels 511 to 520, unless you request the HD version which is an extra £7 per month.

True to say that Sky Sports in only SD as standard, but if @jimdeb  has a 360, then the HD/SD swap will mean the channel numbers are the same regardless.. the SD/HD will depend whether you pay the HD supplement.

It's worth being aware of the the 360-version of the channel guide which takes account of the swap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@newapollo wrote:

Any other package which includes Sky Sports is in S9D, on channels 511 to 520, unless you request the HD version which is an extra £7 per month.

True to say that Sky Sports in only SD as standard, but if @jimdeb  has a 360, then the HD/SD swap will mean the channel numbers are the same regardless.. the SD/HD will depend whether you pay the HD supplement.

It's worth being aware of the the 360-version of the channel guide which takes account of the swap.

Yes Sky Sports HD are on 501 to 510 with 360 UO bundle but if the OP is saying the picture quality doesn't look that good he could just be saying what other people have said that the Sky Sport's HD doesn't look as good generally as BT Sport, ITV even made England look good, US open tonight looks good on channel 4 on a recording, I now know she's won but still watching the first set. The problem seems to be with Sky Sports.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jimdeb

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to create your first post regarding your Sky Sports HD issues, I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the picture quality.

Just to check - have you purchased the additional Sky Sports HD channels and are disatisfied with the picture quality? If so, are you able to provide a photo of them?

Or have you been watching them in SD as Sky Sports HD is an additional cost?

Kind regards,

Serena

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@roy247 wrote:

ITV even made England look good, US open tonight looks good on channel 4 on a recording, I now know she's won but still watching the first set. The problem seems to be with Sky Sports.

There's no way on earth that football on ITV looks better than Sky Sports HD.  

I think generally now we are becoming used to UHD sport though (via iPlayer, BT Ultimate, Europsport etc) and we also have bigger TVs than ever before, so we're seeing the flaws in HD.  

roy247
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BlueLou,

What we need is BBC, ITV, BT Sport and Sky Sports all to show the same game so we can switch between channels and do a comparison, unfortunately I can't ever see this happening so it's always going to be based on different peoples opinions and the source of the programme at the time.

When we get Sky Sports UHD everything will be OK. 😉

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A person can dream eh @roy247🙂

In regards to Sky Sports UHD, if and when we do have it as an option, it will be announced on virg.in/custnews  

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee_R,

I think it time you updated your links I don't think the arrival of Sky Sports UHD will be announced on that web page. 😕

It says customer news but currently takes you to the help page.

Roy

0 Kudos