cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD anytime soon?

Koolmacher
Dialled in
  • It's now 3 years since the press statement claiming a deal has been struck with Sky for the provision of movies and sport in 4k uhd. Cinema 4k came in 2021 on virginmedia but when are we getting Sky Sport in 4k uhd?

My contract is up in September and a return to Sky is looking very tempting at the minute. 

331 REPLIES 331

Got it activated Friday and wasn’t impressed with the golf on before the Chelsea game but the Chelsea game was good similar to bt ultimate and a massive step up from the sky sports “hd” channels.

The golf wasn't originated in UHD though.

It is a shame that the EPG isn't accurate (it was showing everything as HD on the channel including the football last night). It may be that such information is not made available.

For whatever reason, Sky show everything in UHD on the Main Event Channel, which means that the bulk of the content will be upscaled. It is largely the main live domestic sports, such as football, cricket, plus worldwide F1 that are UHD. The rest will gain from increased bandwidth, but the improvement will be marginal.

Because it is the Main Event Channel often it will not carry all of a programme, e.g. the build up to the first Super Sunday game, as it shows a live Football League / Scottish League match at the same time. That can be found by watching one of the other UHD channels - which will only show UHD content.

crypticc
Fibre optic

My representative went to speak to someone.

They came back and said it's not been decide if it's available for existing customers at all. Only for new customers.

Complaint raised.

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

Just been on the live chat told UHD sky sports is £7 p/m extra no thanks not when I’m already paying £94 p/m

Me too.

So I’m on top package Volt2 which included everything … shouldn’t it include UHD?!?! 
I have uhd movies, all sports package….are Virgin going to bring out Volt2 UHD? 
When I was with Sky complete package HD, UHD became available for nothing. 
Come on virgin - top package should get the lot! 

I’m regretting upgrading to it, the more that do, the more likely VM will keep it at £7

I'm considering cancelling it to be honest. 

@Richardr1 wrote:

Because it is the Main Event Channel often it will not carry all of a programme, e.g. the build up to the first Super Sunday game, as it shows a live Football League / Scottish League match at the same time. That can be found by watching one of the other UHD channels - which will only show UHD content.

Probably predictably, the build up isn't being shown to the Forest v Leeds game, but instead the Scottish League game is being shown on two of the UHD channels, and the third is empty.

It may be a Sky issue.

So currently watching St Johnson v Celtic, and I'm not convinced Channel 532 is actually UHD? 533 appears better quality and more like BT Sport Ultimate, anyone else notice this?