cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky F1 - am I getting HD?

metahome
On our wavelength

I've just switched from Sky to VM and I have Maxit Package plus Sky Sports, which I think should be HD (Channel 506).

I still have my Sky Q box connected and just wanted to check that I am getting HD.

The difference between VM and Sky (on the same TV) is staggering. I can't really believe the poor quality of the VM picture.

See pictures below (I had to reduce the images to allow them to be uploaded, the difference is even starker in original pics) - in particular the clarity of the timing table at the left of the screen. The shot of a single car is from Sky Q, the shot of people in garage is from VM.

Can someone advise if I am actually getting HD from VM? If, so what else could be the cause of this?

Sky QSky QVirgin TV360Virgin TV360

16 REPLIES 16

metahome
On our wavelength

Nothing so far. I can PM you the case ref number if you need it.

Thanks for coming back to me @metahome, that would be great if you could send over the reference to me via private message.

Regards,

Steven_L

Rufus57
Up to speed

The quality shown in the second picture from a VM feed is the picture quality we have been suffering for months on the Sky Sports HD channels. See the separate thread titled Sky Sports HD. This is really not good enough.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Rufus57,

Welcome back, thanks for posting on here.

I am sorry that your HD Sky Sports quality is not at the standard it should be.

Are there any other HD channels that have this issue? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

metahome
On our wavelength

Just a quick note of thanks to Stephen_L for helping to get this sorted out.

It turned out that the package I had bought did NOT include Sky Sports HD - only the Sky Sports SD channels, but because the web pages shown during the online purchase process wrongly showed that HD was included in the package VM have accepted responsibility for the error and sorted it out for me.

Hayley,

For me it's the Sky Football HD and Sky Main Event HD channels when I watch football. It may well be the other Sky Sports HD channels but I haven't used them. Several other people have complained about the Sky Sports HD channels on here. Surely must be an issue with the Sky feed not my box. Other channels are fine.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us Rufus57. 

We are aware of some issues with the standard of the HD channels, we are investigating this further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M