cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema and Entertainment UHD content

dalepritchard81
On our wavelength

Hi - I’m on the Ultimate Volt package and just wondered if the UHD content for Sky Cinema and Entertainment is purely on demand or is it also for live showings too?

9 REPLIES 9

jamesredfern
Superfast

On demand only unfortunately. 

Ok thanks.

so technically any sky cinema/entertainment content watched on demand should be in UHD?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dalepritchard81 

Not all sky cinema/entertainment content is in UHD.

There are currently 226 UHD movies listed, however there are far more only available in HD.

96 UHD box sets are listed although there are far more box sets available in just HD

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only broadcast UHD channels on VM currently, are BT Sport Ultimate & the VM "Showcase" channel.

The Sky UHD add-on is for OnDemand content only. Not all OD content is in UHD - some is HD but not UHD, some are UHD but not HD, many are both.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sky Q has far more content in UHD. We’re being robbed!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

Sky Q has far more content in UHD. We’re being robbed!

Robbed how? Virgin Media customers get the UHD content Virgin Media say they have to the price they say they charge.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

One final question here and apologies if it’s a silly question but how do you tell if any of the on demand content chosen is able to be broadcast in UHD?

I'd say don't believe the prompt.

I'm certain when I looked at on demand when I had v6 that every film that I wanted to watch was UHD and every film said subscribe to get the UHD.

And then when I subscribed there's only literally two pages of UHD sci-fi movies.

I don't believe the logo on the V6 boxes actually mean that the content is available on the 360 boxes.

Also to manage expectations.... It's not like 4k Netflix let alone UHD blu ray. I think bitrate issues and long suspect Virgin paying sky for resolution but not mandating minimum bitrate in their contract

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@crypticc wrote:

I don't believe the logo on the V6 boxes actually mean that the content is available on the 360 boxes.

The underlying VoD assets between V6 & 360 are the same, there shouldn't be any difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks